forever

After the show Zayn was nervous as fuck. He felt the anxiety boil inside of him as they left in the SUV and Harry noticed.

He grabbed Zayn's hand and held it so he'd stop shaking. Luckily he figured it was just his post-show jitters.

Harry: "you good babe?"

Zayn smiled at Harry, grabbing his chin and placing a reassuring kiss on his lips.

Zayn: "better than good when I'm with you."

Harry smiled at his softness and rested his head on Zayn's shoulder, practically falling asleep on their way back to the hotel.

Zayn had it all planned out. The flowers were getting dropped of to Liam, Louis, and Nialls room so he didn't spoil the surprise. He had the ring in his pocket, and he'd checked to make sure it was still there about a million times. He was ready to prove that he'd do anything and everything to keep Harry in his life.

He knew money didn't buy love, but if anyone deserved a gift like this it was him.

Zayn: "Harry, babe, we're here"

Harry's eyes fluttered open as Zayn placed a gentle kiss on top of his damp curls, still sweaty from the show.

Harry: "mmm I'm tired"

Zayn: "can't be, I wanna talk tonight."

Harry: "don't freak me out Z"

Zayn laughed

Zayn: "not about anything serious baby, I just like hearing you."

He kissed his head again and pushed his head off of him as he jumped out of the SUV and waited for Harry to follow suit.

Out of habit Harry went to grab Zayn's hand and interlace their fingers, but Zayn had to reluctantly shake his hand away in front of the paps.

Zayn: "two seconds bub"

Harry groaned, hating that he had to hide how he felt as they walked into the hotel and were engulfed in the elevator.

Zayn spun him around and intertwined both of their hands together.

Zayn: "love you baby"

Harry smiled, feeling the anger dwindle away as he stared into his golden brown eyes.

Harry: "love you too"

As soon as they made it back to the room it was about 11:45 and this was perfect.

Harry: "I'm gonna go take a shower"

Zayn: "no, the guys are coming down...I wanna take one together."

Harry: "okay come on"

Zayn: "later baby, please"

He sighed dramatically and fell backwards onto the bed.

Harry: "you drive me nuts you know?"

Zayn smiled walking toward him and straddling his hips, leaning down and pressing a kiss to his lips.

Zayn: "mhm, I know"

Harry: "you seem like a bottom right now"

Zayn: "don't get any ideas babe"

Harry smiled and pointed to his puckered lips, and Z laughed leaning down and kissing him fully and gently.

Their kiss was broken up by a knock at their door. When he glanced down to check the time it was 11:58...perfect.

Zayn: "I'll get it, stay here"

Harry raised an eyebrow confused but he was too tired to complain, so he dropped his head back down and closed his eyes, hearing the door open.

Liam: "where is he?"

Zayn put his finger up to his lips to shush all three of them as they walked to the bed. He held the giant bouquet of roses in his hand and cleared his throat so Harry would open his eyes.

He blushed enormously and sat up with a smile plastered on his face.

Harry: "what's this?"

Zayn: "I wanna make this as special as I can baby, cause I know I can't do all the extra shit in public but, it doesn't matter as long as I have you yeah?"

Harry blinked slowly, wondering if he was dreaming. All he could do was nod and let him continue.

Zayn: "these are for you"

He set the flowers on the bed beside him.

Harry: "they're beautiful Z, and there's so damn many."

Zayn chuckled

Zayn: "only the best for my baby remember?"

Harry: "mhm, I remember"

Zayn: "can you come here?"

Harry stood and let Zayn hold both of his hands. He knew the boys were there witnessing all of this, but he felt for a minute, that it was just to two of them in their little bubble.

Zayn: "god haz, I fucking love you. I've loved you for so long babe, and I can't even describe the way you make me feel. From the first time we fist bumped, to the first time we kissed, to the first time you let me make love to you just last night...all I can do is fall more and more in love with you. You've made me the happiest man in the short time we've been together and the way you love me and treat me and care for me is more than anyone ever has. You helped me discover this side of me, and I never wanna fall in love with another soul baby. This is it for me. You are it for me. I know this sucks, not being able to openly tell the world how we feel, cause if I could, I'd shout it out to everyone, but I'm trying my best and I'm so glad you see that. I uh...I got you something, and I hope you like it cause it probably one of the biggest gifts I've bought anyone, because you of all people babe...deserve every single bit of it."

He pulled out the box and opened it revealing the sparkling ring, and wanting him to feel his love, and dropped to one knee and pulled the ring from the box.

Zayn: "this isn't an engagement cause...we both know that's not possible right now, but it's just as special babe I promise. I want you to put this on your ring finger as a promise...

Harry was crying luscious tears.

Zayn: ...a promise from me that one day it'll just be us. Harry and Zayn against the world, I promise."

He stood up from his knee and slid the finger on and it fit perfectly. Harry wiped his tears and latched his arms around Zayn's neck, letting him hold him close.

Harry: "you're perfect baby, I fucking love you so much. You are perfect you hear me?"

Zayn: "I promise babe, it'll be us forever."

Harry smiled and their lips crashed together, neither of them even remembering that their three best friends were practically in tears for them.

Harry picked up his hand and glanced at the ring, admiring its beauty.

Zayn: "it's not too much is it?"

Harry: "you know me z, it's perfect for me."

Zayn: "good, I'm glad."

Harry: "how much was it?"

Zayn: "it doesn't matter, what matters is that you know how I feel."

Harry: "well duh...but I don't want you spending a fortune on me."

Zayn: "it was only 20,000 dollars babe, and you deserve it so stop"

Harry shook his head in disbelief, and Zayn kissed the shock right from his face.

Zayn: "I can't wait to actually make you mine one day."

Harry: "how should we close out the night baby?"

Zayn shrugged and stuck his fist out.

Zayn: "fist bump?"

Harry chuckled at how awkward they could become, and connected their fists, this time with a diamond ring in between.