02. Finding her

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

(Mention of rape in this chapter.)

3 years later.

She still remembered the day like it was yesterday.

She ran, of course, she ran, it was all she had ever known.

When her biological mother was raped, her sperm donor ran.

When her foster sister was fed up, she ran.

When her mum had beat her until she couldn't anymore so she wasn't reminded of that night, she ran.

That's all anyone ever did around her so how was she supposed to face her problems and troubles head-on when all she had known was how to run.

Iris was a neglected child she was never loved, never cared for but how could she expect love from a mother that didn't even want her.

Mention of rape.
16 years ago

It was 1:45 am and Sofia had left the house to get pads, mother flow decided to greet her a week early. Sofia was originally from Greece but recently moved to America in hope of finding a better life. As she got into the shop she collected some pads and some bars of chocolate and waited outside for her Uber.

As she was stood facing forwards with her earphones plugged in she couldn't hear nor see the man coming from the alleyway. All of a sudden she was grabbed from behind, she began thrashing around in his grasp, but he soon overpowered her and dragged her into the alleyway.

Right as his hand left her mouth she began to shout but her cries were silenced as his hands enclosed her throat suppressing her screams.

Tears covered her face as she begged the man to let her go but he just laughed before pulling her tracksuit bottoms down.

As her Uber approached he began calling her phone, when no one came to the car he was about to leave but his eyes caught sight of the phone on the floor

He left the car and picked it up, seeing all the missed calls he went into the shop and handed it in. It was as if the shopkeeper had a feeling something was wrong so he pulled up the security footage and saw her being dragged into the alleyway.

They called the police immediately, but it was too late.

By the time they had got there her clothes were in shreds, she was battered and bruised with blood leaking onto the floor and the man was gone.

Mention of rape over.

Sofia gave birth to Iris hoping she could love her but she couldn't, whenever she looked at her she remembered that night. It was so bad she couldn't even name her one of the nurses did.

That night had changed her, embittered her, she was once a woman full of love but that love had been lost. It was now replaced by hatred and anger for the man, for that night and her baby girl, Iris.

* * *

"Donatello I've found her she's in California," Nazaire spoke and Donatello just looked at him waiting for him to continue " she's lived in five different foster homes since she's been there but has now been staying in Brown Oak foster care for the past year."