30. Progress

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A black car pulled up in front of the arcade, noticing the headlights Iris let her rise to see the car she jumped down from the wall she was sat on. She kneeled down to tie her lace before getting back up and shock filled her eyes.

Dante.

What was Dante doing outside the arcade, why would Emiliano send Dante of all people to come and pick her up? She pulled out her phone ready to call Emilio when she saw that she was the one who accidentally sent the text to Dante.

Dante leaned against his car as he waited for Iris, as she approached him he slid his phone into her pocket.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?" Iris asked not really wanting to tell him what happened.

"Why are you finished so early?"

Iris just shrugged her shoulders before looking at her shoes, he sent her one last look before opening the door for her to get in and then walked back round to his side.

An uncomfortable silence filled the air as Dante drove the car, none of them daring to speak. Iris watched silently out the window as he drove.

Now that she'd had time to think about it, it did kind of hurt that he didn't show up.

Iris scrunched her eyebrows as Dante took a turn away from the house.

"You missed the turn," she pointed out.

"No way, really," Dante said in mock surprise.

Dante didn't want to be around Iris right now, he was still learning how to be a nicer person but that didn't happen over night. Though his therapy sessions had been helping him -not that he'd ever admit that- he was sure he would eventually say the wrong thing.

It's just what he does.

Iris rolled her eyes and mumbled incoherent words under her breath making Dante chuckle lightly.

Stopping the car outside, Iris turned her head and outside she saw an antique looking shop on the corner of a street. As it was getting quite dark the street lamps were light up.

Turning to ask Dante where they were she was met with no one on his seat. Her door then opened and Dante gestured for her to get out. As she slowly got out of the car Dante rolled his eyes before closing the door.

Ringing of a bell filled the air as the door opened and Dante and Iris walked in.

"Hey kid," a voice called out.

"Hey Smith,"

Iris observed the man who was conversing with Dante, his coppery skin tone which hinted at his Hispanic roots stood out profusely against greying hair.

"And who's this?" Smith questioned.

Dante looked around the shop almost as if looking for someone before shortly turning back to the pair.