01. Saying Goodbye

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

3 years ago

"How can you stand there an call yourself a fucking doctor, whilst you tell me there's nothing you can do to save my mother is this what they taught you in med school," Dante roared.

No one dared to approach the temperamental boy, and no matter how much they wanted to they couldn't find any bone inside themselves ready to reprimand him. This was his way of coping with the pain, whilst others cried until their eyes became deserts, and some shut themselves off completely, he simply lost control.

Though they may not agree with the way he dealt with things there was one thing they could all agree with, cancer was a bitch.

"Young man please calm down, we understand-"

"You understand," he spat " you don't understand shit, if you really understood even the smallest part of what I was going through you wouldn't be stood here running your fucking mouth, you would be saving my mother."

Dante knew it wasn't the doctor's fault that his mother was dying, and he knew it wasn't his fault he couldn't save her either but he needed someone to blame, someone to punish for all this torture. He was desperate to know what he did to deserve this heartache, he knew he wasn't perfect, he wasn't even nice he was fucked up. So what he wanted to know is why it wasn't him laying in the hospital bed, why was it his beautiful mother.

"Dante come, let's go outside," Nazaire suggested and the two boys left that ward of the hospital.

"I apologise for him doctor, he doesn't know how else to cope," Donatello spoke, his voice void of emotion.

"It's okay, no one really knows how to cope with death it's something you just have to learn to deal with, we just have to accept it."

It was true, death was inevitable a factor we as humans often forgot, everyone in our lives was just temporary. They stayed with us here on earth until God decided he wanted them back.

Death was an incurable pain, nothing could heal it. Others loved to say that time healed pain but when you lose someone you'll never see again you know that isn't true. Time simply passes by and we learn to deal with the pain, learn to accept it because life will move on whether we move on with it is up to us.

The pain never disappears it just becomes bearable.

Nario pulled at Donatello's sleeve, as he looked down he lifted the young boy up and rested him on his hip. It was way past his bedtime and he was having a hard time staying awake.

"Donnie," Nario muttered softly.

"Yes, little man,"

"Mamma's going to be okay, right"

"Always," he muttered, " get some sleep little one."

* * *

"Where is she, where is she," a frantic voice called out.

By now it was 1:00 am, the boys had all been waiting there to say their goodbyes to their mother, their final parent was leaving them. But, it was late so they thought they would just get to wallow in their sadness in silence, what they didn't expect was a young girl to burst through the hospital doors.

Her hair was wild and her eyes were red and restless, she was dressed in pyjamas with duck slippers on calling out for a doctor, she was clearly not bothered about disturbing any of the other patients.