35. Piano Tiles

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Iris's POV

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(play the song when you see ' = ' )

"Mrs Bright people have started to arrive," A student came in to inform her.

At that Mrs Bright hurriedly made her way out of the room muttering incoherent words into her headset, tonight was the music and art festival.

Letting my curiosity get the better of me, earlier this evening I did a little exploring and the place looked amazing, the room where the art pieces were held screamed elegance. The money they had spent wasn't screaming at you but instead was delicately scattered around the room.

The art pieces varied in size and were framed in gold, there was an array of refreshments set aside that was scheduled to be swapped every 45 minutes as well as people loitering around with wine and champagne ready to serve the awaiting guests.

The two rooms were separated by a large red curtain that had been split in the middle and bound together by gold rope. In the other room, there was a clear stage where the auctions were set to take place, in front of it stood a collection of instruments that were going to be played later this evening.

All the art and music students needed to be here and whilst we performed and showed off our work we were all required to volunteer and help serve refreshments and show off the schools good nature. Apparently having us help out gave it a more personal touch and added to the appeal of the school.

Whilst the boys were required to were suits, the girls were told to dress 'elegantly simple' and I quickly understood that students and families definitely dressed to impress. Whilst some were wearing ball gowns others wore more tight fitted body-con styled dresses.

I was suddenly feeling grateful for the clothes Aunt Gina had picked out, a deep red velvet dress with a slit down the middle paired with strapped black heels the wrapped around my leg. I had subtle jewellery on though, I wasn't undressed nor overdressed nothing to draw too much attention.

Luckily I had left the house before any of my brothers saw it, most of the older ones were busy working and the younger ones couldn't be bothered to come and I wasn't mad in the slightest, performing the piece in front of strangers was stressful enough let alone them.

(Iris's Dress)

* * *

The sound of clapping ricocheted off the walls as the violin solos came to an end, a large crowd had gathered where the instruments were being played as people sipped champagne and made small talk.