31. News Travels Fast

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Iris's long brown hair carelessly decorated the table as she lay her head down at the back of the class. She usually loved music but when they were watching documentaries during class she always felt her eyelids grow heavier, in her defence it was quite boring.

Music had always been her escape.

To most people music had always been their escape, it meant so much to us because it knew who we really were, what we really felt. It had created a soul tie with the hidden part of us and comforted us in ways people just couldn't. That's why certain songs can bring you to tears or make a smile grown on your face as you nostalgically look back to a specific moment. Because the song didn't just stay with you it became apart of you.

"Now class we have the music and art festival coming up right before the winter ball,"

Iris had asked Cora about the event a couple of days ago, she had then found out that it was a charity event where art work produced by the students were auctioned. People listened to pieces preformed by the students in order to raise money for local hospitals and various charities, multiple charity events went on throughout the year though the music and art festival had always been crowdpleaser.

Simply because, people loved to drink wine and auction for the best paintings, whilst listening to various pieces played by the students talking about how much better their children were doing than others and how much they had accomplished.

They lived for any excuse to showboat.

Mrs Bright went through a list of students telling each of them if they would be preforming and what they would be doing.

Iris's previous accomplishments had allowed her to get into a higher music program within the school as they valued the arts programs just as much as sports and academic.

Mrs Bright smiled as she announced, "Iris and Anita although you two will be doing numerous solos, I would like you to prepare a piece to play together,"

She then asked everyone to start preparing their pieces and sorting out who would do what.

Iris walked towards a girl with light brown skin, her legs were kicked up on her desk as her doc martens moved to the beat of the music played in her earphones.

Noticing Iris approaching she raised an eyebrow as she took out her earphone, Iris knew she was a senior and was one of the most talented violinists in the school.

"Anita right,"

"Who's asking?"

"Erm me," Iris deadpanned.

A small glint of amusement lit up in Anita's eyes as she kicked her legs off the table, the two sorted through different sheets of music both not bothering to speak before Anita asked:

"You're Valerius's sister right,"

"Who's asking?" Iris said back, reciting Anita's previous words.

Anita let out a small laugh, "I like you kid,"

"I'm only two years younger that you,"

Anita mockingly looked into the distance with her hand on her heart, "I remember when I was sixteen, the good old days,"

The bracelet on her wrist caught Iris's eye, "I love your bracelet,"

"Thanks," She said as she looked down at her bracelet and smiled, "its passed down throughout the women in my family, from my great, great, great grandmothers mother who was in the Navajo tribe," she explained.

Iris smiled as she listened intently.

"You're Native American that's so cool,"

Anita laughed and told stories about her family as Iris hung off her every word.

The bell rang dismissing the class, the two of them had exchanged numbers to talk more about their piece.

As they walked out they noticed Valerius leaning against the lockers, he looked up from his phone an amused smile took over his face when he saw Anita.

He threw his arm around her shoulder, Anita rolled her eyes before punching him in the stomach.

Valerius chuckled, "Still a charmer,"

"Still an asshole," she smiled back.

She said goodbye to Iris before walking down the hallway.

Iris turned to Valerius with a taunting smile on her face, "Valerius and Anita sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g -"

Valerius glared at Iris, "You better not -"

"Of course I'm not gonna tell anyone," relief washed over his face before she said, "it works so much better as blackmail," she smiled sweetly before running down the halls with him chasing after her.

* * *

"Guess who got a B in their chemistry paper," Fleur sung as she danced around the girls who were sat out on the grass.

"Albert Einstein,"

Fleur rolled her eyes as she shoved the paper in Zyanna's face.

"Did you guys hear that some new kids were joking tomorrow," Cora said as she ate her strawberries.

"I heard that," Fleur started, "I just need the last two names so I can instagram stalk them,"

"You've already done that,"

"It's Fleur, I wouldn't be surprised if she already knew where they lived," Iris stated.

"Joke all you want now but when you get worried about your boyfriends ex you know who you'll be coming to for help, me."

The girls laughed as they talked about pretty much anything and everything for the rest of lunch.

- x -

Your face when you see an update after nine days:

HELIOOO

this was kinda like a filler chapter, I don't really like it but we move 🥲✌🏾.

See you in the next chapterr.