35

Cullen's POV

"Hey, guys!" Millie greeted, coming through the door.

"Hey, you were supposed to bring dinner!" I fussed. Tarran had asked Millie to bring dinner for us since I hadn't had a chance to stock my refrigerator lately.

"Sorry. We're going out." She shrugged, going over to Tarran, giving her a quick hug and a peck.

"What? So, you two are going out, and I'm left to starve." I rolled my eyes.

"No, you're coming with us, doofus." She teased.

"Where are we going, babe?" Tarran asked her as they sat together on my couch.

"It's um, a surprise." She winked at Tarran. I felt uneasy already.

"I'm just going to order a pizza and kickback. You two have fun." I grumbled.

"No way. You are coming. You've barely gone out anywhere in such a long time, dude; you're coming." Millie fussed.

Avery

"How do I look?" I giggled, twirling for Stacia.

"Amazing! You've changed so much, and you're so beautiful." Stacia admired.

"I appreciate the compliment. Was I not beautiful before, though?" I turned my head to the side, teasing my friend.

"Oh my Gosh, that's not what I mean!" She flustered.

I wore a black skater dress with long sleeves, a boat neck, and my favorite pockets. I wore knee-high black velvet books and a long chain around my neck. My hair was lightly curled and tousled out, hanging at my waist. My make-up was soft, how I liked it. Candy and I had spent a lot of time together in Italy, and she taught me all her girly ways, all the things Stacia had been trying to teach me for years.

"I'm jealous that you let someone else convert you to the make-up world." Stacia groaned as we finished getting ready.

Derrick and Liam arrived not long after to drive us to the restaurant. We all chatted about the happenings since Liam and I had been gone, discussing Christmas plans as well. When we arrived at the restaurant, Migo's, a local Italian favorite, Hailey and Faye, were standing outside in the snow waiting.

"You girls are crazy! You should've gone in!" Stacia laughed. They had all been spending more time together in our absence; Hailey and Liam had also been chatting quite a bit long-distance, potentially rekindling whatever they may have had previously. We all embraced, greeting one another before rushing in out of the cold. We were sitting in the back of the restaurant at a large table. I was excitedly talking with everyone, glad to be home and enjoying this time. I couldn't help but fidget a little though wondering if Cullen would show up and how he would act toward me. As usual, Stacia picked up on my nerves and patted my arm before leaning into my ear.

"He's coming." She smiled wide.

My stomach flipped and flopped, and I had to remind myself to take a deep breath.

Cullen's POV

I dressed in a dark blue button-down and black jeans with boots. I ran my hands through my hair that I had been letting grow out some and tousled it into a mess; the way Tarran said it looked best, of course.

"You look great. Let's get going!!" Tarran fussed, walking by my bathroom door.

I shook my head at her, following her out and grabbing my black pea coat by the door. I let the girls head out first and hopped up in my truck, driving us to Migo's. I knew we would be meeting the others there, and I assumed Avery would be there as well. My nerves were through the roof, and as usual, Tarran was picking up on it.