22

The first two days of my trip had gone amazing! The first day I spent relaxing by the pool, getting a spa treatment, and walking along the beach. Cullen had to report back to base, so I was on my own. I didn't mind; it gave me time to relax and unwind and clear my head. I was still thinking about that damn kiss on the plane. It lit something inside of me; now, all I could think about was Cullen and kissing him again. 

The second day, I took a surfing lesson, a hula lesson, and spent time by the water, tanning myself at the beach. I was feeling rested thoroughly and in absolute heaven. I woke up on day three; I had slept late. I stretched out in the king-size bed and smiled. God, I owed Stacia big for this trip, I thought to myself. I'm only on day three, and I felt amazing. I was lying, stretched out, feeling the breeze from the open balcony doors when a knock came on the door. I wrapped myself in the sheet, having slept naked just because I could, and peeked through the eyehole. I saw Cullen standing with Tuck behind him. I looked around quickly for my robe and wrapped it over me and the sheet. I opened the door and smiled at the two Marines gracing my doorway.

"Well, are we interrupting something?" Cullen asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"What? No?" I was confused at his question; Tuck was giggling behind him.

"Hi, Avery." He smiled. "Hi, Tuck," I responded.

"May we come in?" Cullen asked. I nodded, holding the door open for them.

"Where's the guy?" Tuck asked.

"I'm so confused. What guy?" I tilted my head to the side.

"You're ridiculously adorable, you know, that right?" Cullen stated, as a fact.

"Typically, when a female is wrapped in a sheet, opening a hotel room door, well, it means she's had a little fun with another person." Tuck cackled at my expense. I felt my cheeks turning red as the heat rose; I had thought nothing of it! Perverted men!

"You need to remove your heads from the gutter. I was just enjoying sleeping alone, thank you."They both smiled, though Cullen seemed to smile wider than Tuck.

"So, what's the plan for today, miss vacation?" He teased.

"Are you two available for the day?" I asked.

"Well, that was pretty forward if I say so myself." Tuck laughed.

"Oh my God! That is not what I meant, and you know it."Cullen doubled over with laughter.

"You both are impossible. I'm going to shower and dress. Call room service and get some food up here; I'm starving! Order something for yourselves." I smiled.

I showered and dressed in a cute little sundress, pulling my hair to the side in a braid. I put on light make-up and exited the bathroom suite. The boys were sitting on the balcony, waiting patiently for me before eating. I double-checked myself in the mirror before joining them.

"So, what did we get?" I asked, feeling the warm breeze hit me as I came out.