13

Today was Liam's birthday, and there was a dinner planned at his home with his family before a group of us going out. Though I knew Derrick and Megan, plus her children, I had yet to meet his parents. I was extremely nervous. Stacia had already met them in the rushed relationship that she and Derrick were sharing and said they were terrific, but I couldn't help my nerves. The dinner was just for his family and their guests. It had only been two going on three weeks since we had met, and though it felt like a lifetime, we didn't want to rush. I didn't want to rush, though I'm sure Liam would be fine putting a label on it. After the dinner, we planned to meet up with Tarran, Millie, Hailey, Faye, and a few of their other friends at a new club called Onyx.

"I want to look really nice; I want to make sure they like me," I told Stacia, who was currently rummaging through our closets, trying to find the perfect outfit for me.

"They will like you, geez quit worrying. If they like me, then they'll definitely like you." She giggled. "Now, we have one outfit for family dinner, then we'll change for the club." She winked at me. I shook my head. "I told Derrick after dinner; we were gonna stop by here for our change up, then we'd head out."

"Did you get Liam a birthday gift?" I asked, wondering out loud.

"Technically, yes. I signed my name on the card that Derrick got." She shrugged, laughing. "What did you get him? Or is it you?" She howled.

"You're hilarious." I groaned, throwing a pillow at her. "I actually have a couple of things because I'm not sure. He's been talking all week about going to get another tattoo; he has this idea in mind. So, I was thinking of taking him tonight to get it, my treat, and maybe letting him help me pick one." I spoke soft, unsure of my idea being birthday gift-worthy or silly. "Then, I got him a gift card to that music store downtown, he always likes to browse at. I mean, I could give him all of that, or I can save one for later. I'm not great at this stuff, so your serious input would be appreciated."

"Okay. First, you get a tattoo?! I'm impressed! Second, I say give it all to him." She raised her brows up and down in a sexual manner.

"You can't be serious for like 5 minutes, can you?"

"I was serious; I say give him the tat and the gift card. Both are thoughtful and sweet. I'm sure he'll love whatever you give. Now, what do you think of this?" She stood wearing a pink skater-style dress, her hair in a high ponytail and wearing white heels. I swear she looked just like a Barbie doll almost.

"You look great as always."

"I don't even have my make-up done yet!" She cried. "Now, I have this for you." She held up a black dress. I scrunched my nose, not sure what to think. "I promise, it's classic, elegant, and you'll look amazing, perfect for a parental dinner." She teased.

I slipped out of my robe and put the dress on. It fit like a glove! It was a silk-like material, boat neck with three-quarter-inch sleeves. The length came just at a mid-thigh, and my favorite part was the pockets. She gave me some black strappy heels to wear with it and assured me she would do my hair and make-up perfectly to match.

"Can I wear this to the club too?" I asked, twirling around with my hands in my pockets.

"Nope. I have the perfect dress for you for that too; it is his birthday, after all, so his girl needs to look ahh-mazing." She giggled, going into her closet and coming out with barely any material in her hands.

"No way."

"Yes, way." She held up a black, faux leather tube dress with a side slit that was more revealing than I would ever wear. "You're going to wear this; I'm going to give you some messy beach waves, a smokey eye... mmm damn, even I will want to do you once you're all dressed up." She squealed.