21

She nodded behind me, and I turned to look, still confused. I felt my breath catch in my throat when I saw Cullen standing, hands in pockets, wearing a black t-shirt with jeans and sneakers, his dog tags hanging around his neck. I hadn't been feeling an attraction in that way towards him; I was loving our friendship but seeing him standing there, part of this surprise, whatever this surprise was, for me, I couldn't help but start to feel something different. I turned back to Stacia, who was smiling so goofy, I had to laugh.

"This is your personal Hawaii guide! You have two amazing weeks to spend to enjoy and relax and then come back to me and tell me all about your adventures!" She clapped. 

I just shook my head at her. Liam and Derrick came out, trying to find us, I assumed. They both looked surprised to see Cullen standing there, and dare I say Liam looked hurt and angry? Stacia grabbed Derrick and gave him a deep kiss. "Sorry, babe, I was giving Avery her surprise." He nodded.

"Cullen is her surprise?!" Liam spat. 

I was taken back by his reaction, and before I could explain what I understood anyway, Cullen stepped forward. I felt his hand on the small of my back, feeling myself warm from the inside out.

"Hawaii is her surprise. Stacia wanted to send her to Hawaii as she has been wanting to visit and seeing as we all have learned that Avery needs babysitting." I glared up at him when he said that part. "She contacted me since I'm based there right now. I'm the babysitter." He winked at me.

"I don't need a babysitter," I growled at them.

"Yes, you do." They all agreed.

"You're all ridiculous." I laughed. Liam still didn't look too pleased, but what could he say? This was all Stacia's plan, and Cullen was my friend.

"Congratulations, by the way." Cullen shook Derrick's hand and gave Stacia a quick hug.

"Wait! I'm still confused! What about work? When do I leave? What if I don't want to go?" I raised my brow at her.

"Oh my gosh! I talked to Aaron; you're good for the time off. You leave early in the morning, and if you don't want to go, then I'm going to kick your ass." She laughed; we all followed her back into Froggie's and to our group booth. I saw Tarran; she smiled that all-knowing smile. I rushed to her side, smacking her arm lightly.

"You knew about this?" I motioned between Cullen and me.

"Of course, he's my brother! Stacia mentioned the Hawaii trip, and I offered up Cullen as a guide." She winked.

"Why does everyone think I'm helpless?" I groaned.

"Oh, I don't think you're helpless. I think you and my brother would be awesome, and I'm hoping this pushes it in motion." She laughed. 

"Since when?" I asked her.

"Since Thanksgiving. I notice everything, Avery." She winked at me, and I just shook my head at her as Liam approached. I turned to see him and noticed Cullen chatting up some girl by the bar. I had to admit I felt a bit of jealousy.