3

Derrick dropped Stacia and me back at our apartment, he obviously had other things to do, and we needed to get some unpacking done.

"I can't believe how lucky we got on our first night out, like seriously Ave."

"Lucky?" I asked, confused, as I was hanging up clothes while she laid on the floor of pillows.

"These guys, they're amazing." She gushed.

"Stacia! I've never seen you this smitten with someone. We literally just met them, calm down."

"I can't help it. I've spent hours talking to Derrick either in person or on the phone. It's crazy."

"What do you actually know about him?" I sat next to her, questioning.

"I know his birthday, favorite foods, color, places, and music. He's told me about his family and his siblings. I know where he works and what he wants for his future. I mean, we've literally not stopped communicating." She sat up, showing me a million texts as she scrolled down her phone.

"Okay, Okay. Well, share the info. What about his family and siblings? I asked, curious to know for myself.

"Obviously, Liam, but they have a sister, Megan. She's older, married, and has a couple of kids. Their parents are successful business owners, though I haven't got the full scoop on that yet. Obviously, I get the idea that they have money, but I'm not prying on that. I don't want him to think I'm interested in money because I'm not at all." She explained.

"Wow, okay. I guess you have been getting to know him."

"See, I'm not all about sex." She shoved me away.

"Okay, I'll give you that, at least this time." I stuck my tongue out at her. My phone started vibrating in the corner where it was plugged in; before I could move, Stacia grabbed it, grinning ear to ear.

"Hey, It's Liam. How about I pick you up at 7? We can meet somewhere, or I can come to your place?" Stacia read in a sing-song voice.

"You are a nosey little thing. Since you're playing secretary, ask him how I should dress? And go ahead and have him come here, I suppose." I continued hanging up some clothes, feeling the nerves kick in; I tried desperately to hide it.

"Done and Done." She smiled. "I think I'm going to see if Derrick wants to come to hang out here while you're gone."

"This just feels so fast and soon. Does it not?" I questioned, sitting across from her, taking a break from my chore.

"How else do you date, Avery?" She laughed, picking up my phone that vibrated again.

"I just... I mean, we just met them. Classes start Tuesday; shouldn't we be preparing for that?" I shrugged.

"Oh my gosh, Ave. You're going to dress casually, and he will be here at 7. You're going to get to know him because that's how this works, and you're going to have fun. We can prepare for classes on Monday, geez. I didn't realize it was going to be this much work pulling that stick outta your butt." Stacia sighed.

"Gee, thanks for that." I stood up to look in my closet, trying to find a perfect outfit. "Jeans and a t-shirt are casual, right?" I looked over my shoulder at her as she was texting on my phone! "What are you doing?!" I cried.

"Just helping you out a little." She teased as I jerked my phone from her hand. Luckily, all she had text was, "Looking forward to it!" This girl sure stressed me out sometimes.

"This will be perfect." By the time I had turned around, she had already chosen an outfit for me. Shaking my head, I was a little thankful for her help. She held up a pair of black, skinny jeans with tears in them with a cream-colored blouse that fell off one shoulder. "Wear some heels to top it off."