-26-

Not even gonna lie

Not even gonna lie...this chapter wack as fuck. I'm tired as hell and I really didn't feel like updating 🤷🏽‍♀️ just being honest. Look at it as a filler chapter 💀 But tomorrow's chapter is gonna be longer and much better 👀 so stay tuned for that.

                                         ••

~ Two weeks later ~

It had been two weeks since the scandal between Mikey and Malika was widely discovered.

They knew that things would be hard but they didn't think that it would come to this.

A few days after they got back home, the NBA released a statement saying that they were coming to a conclusion on what they would do about Mikey considering his situation.

The type of publicity that he was bringing in wasn't good for the league and he knew that.

He ended up missing the first finals game as expected and from there it was up to the association to decide if he should be allowed to play for the remainder of the series.

He was heartbroken when Malika woke him up extra early over the weekend to let him know that they weren't going to allow him to play.

"an ongoing investigation that is closely being monitored," is what they kept calling it..

Mikey was hurt. It was his first time making it to the finals in his career and it broke him to find out that someone took this opportunity away from him by making false accusations.

                                          ••

Mikey slowly slid the ring onto her finger while maintaining eye contact with her.

"Okay Malika, please repeat after me to offer your commitment to Mikey,"

"I Malika, take you, Mikey, to be my husband, my constant friend and partner, and my love. I will work to create a bond of honesty, respect, and trust; one that withstands the tides of time and change, and grows along with us. I vow to honor and respect you for all that you are and will become, taking pride in who we are, both separately and together.I promise to challenge you and to accept challenges from you. I will join with you and our community in an ongoing struggle to create a world we all want to live in, where love and friendship will be recognized and celebrated in all their many forms," she slid the band onto Mikey's finger.

It was a last minute decision but Mikey and Malika decided to get married.

A courthouse wedding was never in their dreams, but with all they had going on; it would do for now. Just so things wouldn't get out, Mikey made sure to pay off the courthouse workers with hush money. He'd never tell Malika about that because he felt as if he was protecting her.