~ 39 ~

"Isn't that the girl that got into that bad accident during your senior year?"

"Yeah, that Tamera," Malika confirmed.

She was shook when she saw her standing there on the field.

"Dang," Mikey shook his head.

She didn't want to be reminded that she was one of the two people that caused that accident.

She vowed to take that secret to the grave.

But seeing Tamera bought back all of those memories that Malika worked so hard to forget about.

And she was sure that she received her karma, judging by how eventful the last year of her life was.

After their mini reunion, they continued with drills and decided to have a small practice game.

She couldn't lie. Tamera was better than she had ever been before. She was more powerful wjth her kicks, and had more energy driving the ball to the goal.

She didn't want to overshadow or take anymore opportunities away from her, and that was the reason that she decided not to join the team.

"So you're not playing because a girl you went to school with joined the team?"

"No it's just...I don't know. She just bought back a lot of memories from soccer and I don't wanna go through all of that again. Reminiscing on old shit, not being able to enjoy the game,"

"Alright," he shrugged.

He wasn't going to go back and forth with her. If she didn't want to play play he wasn't going to force her to.

"You're not mad?"

"No, like I said - it's your decision,"

"Okay,"

"Okay?"

"Okay," she confirmed.

••

Milo flailed his tiny arms and legs while Malika was trying to change him. "Stop fighting me little boy,"

This was a common thing with him. Everytime one of his parents were trying to change him, he'd move his little body as much as he could to avoid the clothing.

She gently gripped his little feet into her hands as he babbled to himself.

"Why you giving mommy a hard time? Hmm?" She earned a small laugh from him.

"You need to go to bed," Mikey pointed at his son. "You been playing all night, but wanna cry when we wanna go to sleep,"

Milo grabbed onto his father's large hand, placing it into his mouth.

He was teething earlier than expected and munched on anything that he could get his hands on.

Mikey smacked his lips looking down at his baby "Nigga you gon eat my hand cause I told you to go bed?"