~ 11 ~

It's February first and I'm so excited because it's my first official day at work!

Last week was my trial run without pay and it honestly wasn't that bad.

I didn't even see Mikey because I was mostly around the rookies but I think that from here on out, I'll be seeing him more.

"It's mom," she knocks on the door for once.

"Come in,"

"Are you excited?"

"Yup. Just a little nervous because I'll be around the whole team today tho,"

"I don't think it'll be bad. Just focus on your job and don't let anybody get to you. You know?"

"Yeah thanks mom,"

"Mhm, and you look good," she says referring to my lakers polo shirt and skinny jeans. I got some Air Force ones customized a wile back, and they went perfectly with my outfit.

My hair was slicked back with a few hair clips and I had mini hoops in my ears.

I wanted to be cute on my first official day.

"Thank you," I smile.

"Don't fall in love," she points a finger at me.

"Huh? That was random," I awkwardly chuckle.

"I know how those boys are. They'll have you rethinking life," she looks to the side as if she's reminiscing.

What is she even talking about?

"Okay mom," I shake my head.

"I'm serious Malika, be careful around tide boys. And if any of them try anything just call me and I'll cut them,"

"Gotchu,"

"Thats my girl," she pulls me in for a hug.

"Alright I gotta head out now,"

"Your dad and Larry wish you good luck," she looks up from her phone.

"Dad and Larry? Or just Larry," I place a smug look on to my face,"

"You know how your father is. He's just on edge cause his babygirl is really growing up,"

"Yeah I guess,"