- 38 -

September

"Mikey what influenced your decision to stay with the Lakers? For the last couple of months, it's been rumored that you were trying to find a way out,"

"It was selfish of me to try and leave a team that's already done so much for me. Then I have my wife and my son here, so it'd be super chaotic tryna move across the country," he motioned towards Malika and Milo out in the crowd.

The reporter nodded while murmuring a small thank you.

Mikey loved media day. He and his teammates always had a great time and he felt as if it was the only time the reporters didn't ask bullshit questions.

They were always fired up and ready to pump information out of the players before the season started.

"Umm Mikey," another reporter called out.

"Yeah?" His eyes roamed the room. "You can ask your question, I just can't find you,"

All of the reporters motioned towards the small man as Mikey finally noticed him.

"Short ass," his teammate mumbled next to him, making him laugh out.

"Sorry, what you was saying?" Mikey asked.

"How do you think this season is gonna go with the new edition to the team?" He motioned towards the young man who sat next to Mikey.

He was 22 years old as well, and had also been a young star since he was a child.

Bronny James

"I think we're gonna do good — at least better than the last season. But we used to play together when we were younger, so we already got some chemistry,"

"Bronny would you like to add on to that?"

"Umm sure," he quickly sat up. "I think we'll do better than good. Most of us used to play together for years. So I feel like we have an advantage that no other team has,"

"Facts," Mikey agreed.

"Well thank y'all, and good luck this season,"

"Thanks," Mikey and Bronny left the press conference table.

Heading into the back to finish taking solo pictures, Mikey bounced Milo in his arms while talking to Bronny.

"You really bought your son a whole ass uniform to match yours?" Bronny laughed.

"Shit he gon be here one day too. I'm just getting him used to it,"

Bronny shook his head while looking at Milo and Mikey in their matching yellow uniforms with purple numbers and gold accents.

"You keep staring with that look in your eyes. Let me find out you got baby fever,"

"Shit. I want a sons, daughters, all that. But I-"

"Nigga you better get married first," his father LeBron slapped him on the back of the neck.

"Dang dad. I was just getting ready to say I gotta find the right person,"

"Yeah right. Wassup Mikey?" He quickly dapped him up.

Poking Milo's tummy, he smiled when he let out a small squeal.

"Even the babies are fans," he chuckled.

"Nigga, you so washed," Bronny smacked his lips.

"You forgot who taught you everything you know? Oh alright,"  he side eyed his son when he didn't get a response.