- 12 -

UNEDITED

                              UNEDITED

Malika rolled her eyes as she wheeled the basketball racks out onto the court.

The trainers and coaches had been rushing her quite much and frankly, she was over it.

According to the head athletic trainer she "needs to get a move on if she wants to stay for good,"

Whatever.

"Thanks so much kid," a random man pats her on the shoulder.

"No problem," she looks at the arena full of people.

"Alright the national anthem and warm ups are in a few minutes. Get to the sidelines,"

"Oh and Malika,"

"Yes," she turns around.

"The trainers go through supplies fast. And they definitely will since we're playing the Celtics tonight, so try to keep up eh?"

"Sure," she absentmindedly rolls her eyes and heads for the sidelines.

Once the players ran out of the tunnel, a middle aged woman completely botched the national anthem leaving everyone laughing.

For the sake of the cameras, Mikey tried to keep himself composed but once he made eye contact with his teammate Bryce, he lost it.

He ended up putting his head down during the performance so that he wouldn't draw too much attention to himself.

After that whole fiasco, the players started talking and warming up with one another.

"Let's pray," Mikey shouted.

He believed that prayer always worked because it got him to the NBA. And through his fight to get to the NBA, he prayed before every game which made him feel like the lord was always with him.

Malika smiled at the fact that Mikey had initiated the team prayer.

"Get in here kid," one of the players that she was unfamiliar with pulled her in.

                                         ••

"Malika we need more KT Tape!" Jenna shouts.

Malika ran back into the locker room for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Stupid ass shit," she mumbled as she stuffed the bag with tape and any other necessary supplies that they needed.

She ran back out onto the court and gave the trainers what they needed in the middle of all of the chaos.

The Lakers were down by 5 against the Celtics, and tensions were high.

The Lakers has so many fouls against them, and they were afraid that some players would eventually foul out.

The balk kept getting stolen from Mikey, so he was having a pretty hard time.