What's That?

『• • • ✎ • • •』
This was a Request for a Trans [F-M] Reader x any character of my choosing so of course, I choose Ty Lee since 1) I haven't done her and 2) I wanted to have a non-bender x non-bender so SUE ME!

Notice
He/Him Pronouns
Male Reader
Non-Bender
(D/N)= Dead name
『• • • ✎ • • •』

~Your POV~

"Is that all your stuff?" I nodded as I lifted up my bag and sighed softly looking at my empty room. I turned to face my best friend Ace with a weak smile. "I just...can't believe they kicked me out...I thought...they would accept me as I am." Ace cupped my cheek and smiled slightly. "Hey, It's okay. They may not accept you (Y/N) But I sure as hell do. You're staying with me okay?" "I know...thanks, Ace." "Of course man, you're my best friend and I love you more than anything. Who needs them if they don't realize that you're an amazing guy!" 

I wiped my eye from the tear threatening to spill and smiled. "Thanks, Ace You're the best." "Of course I am now come on before your parents try to pick a fight with my gay ass." "Yeah, last time you guys fought about something the house almost burnt down." "You can't blame the fact that Your father and I are both Firebenders and have short tempers." I rolled my eyes as we started walking out of my parent's house. We closed the door behind us and started walking out. My parents were outside watching us. My mother couldn't look at me while my father was glaring at me fire dancing around his fingers. 

"You are not a son (D/N) You are a daughter. You have lost all honor!" My dad yelled out his flames growing slightly. I looked down and my shoulders dropped a little. I could hear his fire crackling and knowing him he might start a fight.  "If I even see you back here (D/N) I'll make it look like what the Fire lord did to Prince Zuko was just a scratch." I gulped and tensed up slightly. "OI! BASTARD!" Ace yelled turning to him and putting down my boxes on the cart we had. "Ace it's okay he-" 

"First off you transphobic prick! HIS! name is (Y/N)! HE! is a SON! (D/N) is Dead and NEVER coming back since (D/N) was never (Y/N)! If you even touch a hair on HIS head I will burn you until you are unrecognizable! Do I make Myself Clear?!?"  "Is that a threat little girl?" Ace's eyes flared at him. Ace is genderfluid but usually goes with They/Them and had told my parents years ago to use they/them for them. "No bitch. It's a promise." They growled out before turning around to me with a smile like nothing happened

"Are we ready to go (Y/N)?" I smiled at them and hugged their side. "Thank you, Ace." "Of course you're my best friend. I'll protect you. Now let's get to my place before I start settin' shit on fire." I punched their shoulder before going on the other side of the cart and started pulling. Thank the spirits we did separate trips or this would be heavier than ass!

We got to Ace's house and someone was standing in front of Ace's front door. It appeared to be a female with long brown hair in a braid, different shades of pink for her clothes and a confused smile as she stared at the door. I heard a loud smack and looked over at Ace. "Damnit I forgot about Ty lee." "Ty lee?" "She's one of my closest friends. I forgot she was coming over today." I Punched their shoulder making them pout at me. "Well since she's hear I better introduce myself huh?" "Yeah" I once again punched their shoulder making them whine dramatically as I walked over to the girl standing there. 

"Uh Hey?" 'Yeah wow great way to start a conversation (Y/N)' She looked over and her smile grew. "Hello!" I was slightly taken aback from her outburst of energy but rolled with it. "Hi You're Ty lee right?" She nodded before taking my hand in hers. "Yep! I'm Ty Lee! How'd you know?" "Oh uh Ace told me. They're other there." I pointed to them glancing over my shoulder seeing the brown haired firebender awkwardly wave. 

Ty Lee laughed and shook her head. "She must have forgotten I was coming over! What's your name by the way!" "Oh I'm uh...I'm (Y/N)!" "(Y/N)?" "Yep that's me" She tapped her chin and looked at me in genuine confusion. "(Y/N) is a boyish name isn't? And you at least look like a girl. Did your parents assume you were a boy when you were born?" Not gonna lie. That semi hurt. Do I really look that much like a girl? "Uh Y-Yeah It's supposed to be a boy name." "Why?" I looked at her and rubbed the back of my neck. 

'this is the weirdest conversation I've had with someone I've just met.' "I'm uh...I'm Trans." She Ty lee nodded and looked me up and down before her face fell from understanding to a confused and lost puppy. 'Okay...That's cute' "What's that?" "Uh...Trans?" "Yeah that what is it?" I intertwined my fingers together and Bit my lip to try and explain what it was to her. I've never had to do that before. Usually people know what it is right off that bat and judge immediately. 

"It's uh a simplistic explanation is when someone feels as if they are a different gender that does not correspond with their birth gender." I explained as simply as I can. Ty lee took a moment possibly to process what I told her before jumping up and down. "Oh!! I get it so if you were born a female but you don't feel like one or feel comfortable being addressed as one but prefer to be called a male and addressed as such?" My eyes blinked multiple times before a big smile crossed my face. "Yeah exactly aka a more decisive version of my favorite fire bender." Ty lee laughed knowing I was talking about Ace. 

"Okay then (Y/N)! I'm guessing by the cart full of boxes you're moving in with Ace?" I nodded with an embarrassed hue on my face. "Yeah I am." "Good that means you can let me inside!" It took me a minute before I started laughing and opened the door...it wasn't even locked. "Are you kidding me??" Ty lee cried out as I laughed. "Ace never locks their door since they do not care about their safety." "Not true" 

Ty lee and I both screamed and looked behind us at the firebender looming over us. A roaring laughter broke the tense silence and I groaned as Ty lee joined the laughter. "Alright you two love birds! Just get inside I got a room to put together." "For the last time you are not decorating my room for me!" "Too late!" Ace ran into the house and I followed leaving a bright smiling Brown haired girl to close the door behind her. 

『• • • ✎ • • •』
Alright not that long of a chapter but it's been in my drafts for a while and I needed to get it posted. I hope that you like it
『• • • ✎ • • •』

Everything is Connected