Late Night Calls

『• • • ✎ • • •』
This was an idea I had while looking at some Zuko x Sokka Fanart [Yes I ship those two and BEFORE you say ANYTHING I ship almost everyone in the show with everyone, of course with some outliers]
The reader is Non-Binary [They/Them pronouns]
Long-distance relationship
Spotify mentioned
This is a Modern AU
『• • • ✎ • • •』

~Sokka's POV~

All-day has been very stressful. Collage has been everywhere and stressing me the hell out. Not only with assignments but the fact my gorgeous lover is in a different state 10 million miles away...Okay, I'm being dramatic but that's beside the point. I'm still upset that they're away from me for school. I walked to my dorm as almost as soon as I start to get comfortable soft rain starts to tap on my windows outside. 

I looked at the window and saw the water droplets start to race down the glass reaching the bottom with ease. A small smile graced my lips as I pulled my hair out of it's man-bun. I ran my fingers through my hair and a small laugh leaves my mouth "Maybe I should take a mental health break for today." 

I changed into my oversized sweater my Significant Other bought me and some shorts I bought. I floofed my hair and smiled as it cascaded down in my face. I looked like a small child and I liked it. I am (Y/N)'s, special baby boy after all. I walked into the kitchen and got some sushi from the fridge. I grabbed some water and some juice and walked into my room. It had a perfect spot to sit by the window and listen to the rain. I called my Alexa to play (Y/N)'s and my playlist on Spotify called Falling in Love with our favourite colours as hearts on both sides. It was calming until My phone went off. 

"Ugggh Who dare thy! RUIN MY!-Baby!" 

I saw the video feed and it was (Y/N)! My ray of Moonlight! They looked tired but still had a huge smile on their face. I answered quickly and their smile grew. "My Darlin!" "My Moonlight!" We both laughed softly and a huge smile overcame my face. "How are you doing? You look tired?" They shrugged but a small yawn left their lips. "I'm okay. Just cramped in a few hundred hours of studying for a test tomorrow since I panicked." "You didn't need to do that Moonlight." "Yeah, I do-" "Cause I know you are going to pass that test like it was nothing at all! You're the smartest person I know!" 

A blush captured their whole face and they moved away from the camera making me laugh. When they moved away I could see their room clearer...well the part of it I was facing. They Had their Non-binary hanging above their bed, some polaroid pictures of us and their friends, their art and photographs on the wall and their photo of us when I took her out on our first date to go ice skating was resting on the side of the bed. It was sweet. 

"Alright, Alright Darlin' Now tell me why you look like your ready to dive into a mountain of stuffies and never come out again." I blushed but smiled. "Mental health break!" I answered simply as I flipped my camera to let them look out the window to see the rain pouring down. "It's raining and I was stressed out so I got into the sweat you bought me, some shorts, messed up my hair and got some juice water and Sushi!!" They laughed at my antics before I turned the camera to face Alexa. "And I got our playlist running in the background for aesthetic purposes!" 

"Aww, baby." "I know I'm adorable!" They let out a small laugh before nodding. "Yes, you are my special baby boy." I blushed but smiled anyway. It felt like they were here holding me and we would cuddle up next to the window and watch the rain pour down. 

We talked for hours on end when the sky turned black as night and the stars were twinkling away and the moon was shining ever so brightly onto me. (Y/N) was working on drawing something while I was barely staying awake. I could see the same was true for (Y/N) but they wanted to get it done. 

"Hey Moonlight?" "Yes, Darlin?" "Can we stay on call the whole night?" I asked bundling up into my blanket my head barely poking out. They looked at me and sighed with a smile. "Yes, we can. Let me get changed into some pyjamas okay?" "Yay," I sleepily said as my eyes started to droop. The rain was still pouring with rolls of thunder and lightning but it was still comforting to me. I've always loved the rain. 

I could hear shuffling and I opened my eye to see (Y/N) laying down in their bed in a blue sweater with their blanket wrapped around them. "Hey, that's my sweater silly! I've been looking for that!" They gave me an evil smirk. "Oh really? Oops." I pouted and they laughed. "Come on lay down My special baby boy." I chuckled softly before laying laid moving the phone so it was laying down next to me, propped up by a spare pillow. "There we go." We both smiled and I saw their eyes start to droop. This happened a lot whenever we both laid down. We never said anything more but the presence that the other was there made us relax and be able to sleep.

My own eyes started to get heavy and I allowed them to fall drifting off into endless slumber. The time was past midnight when we both fell asleep completely but. 

I still love these Late Night Calls. 

Everything Is Connected