🗿Fidget🗿

『• • • ✎ • • •』
This was requested a while ago and let's just say GODDAMN Y'ALL LOVE TOPH! I've gotten more request for her than anything else. Don't fret I got them in my drafts and I'm working on them slowly but surely. I'm trying to space them out for the others who want variety. Anyway, I hope you like it!
『• • • ✎ • • •』

~Toph's POV~

You know, sometimes it pays to be blind. You can knock people's egos down when they underestimate you, You can connect better with people emotionally and Mentally instead of their looks. You know people around you like you for you instead of your looks since you honestly don't care what you look like since...well you can't see.

SOMETIMES! IT! SUCKS! ASS!

Especially when you use the earth under you to see! And All you can see! 24/7! Is A Fidgeting EARTHBENDER! 

(Y/N) was a strong bender, master in a range of weapons and can chi block due to her family. Her father was a non-bender and taught her how to fight hand to hand and with weapons while her mother taught her Earthbending and chi blocking. She was a helpful and wonderful person to boot BUT SHE'S ALWAYS FIDGETING!!!

I can most likely name all the fidgets she does just from the top of my head and I can STILL forget some!

For example, bouncing her legs up and down when she's sitting down, Cracks her knuckles on her hands, tapping her foot to a random rhythm, popping her neck or arms, lifting and dropping small rocks, digging her feet into the ground when she's standing for too long, popping her knee in and out of the socket by bending it back further than normal when standing, shifting her weight from one leg to another, picking at the skin on her hands and lips and MORE THAT I CAN'T EVEN NAME ON TOP OF MY HEAD!

I can always tell where she is and what she's doing and to some extent, it's comforting knowing she's okay...however it can be annoying since I'm always seeing what she's doing exactly since she can't be still for more than five seconds. Even when we sleep she's moving in her sleep and her hands twitch a lot making small pebbles lift up off the ground. 

Tonight was one of those nights where I couldn't sleep. Half of which because I'm lost in thought and Two beings (Y/N) fidgeting in her sleep! I couldn't be...so mad tonight since she was probably beyond scared or anxious. We almost lost Sokka and Katara in the fight we were in since Katara and I was fighting. She thought she had lost two of her closest friends and was a wreck for a while even after we found them alive almost a day later. 

She was probably really anxious since then her fidgets have gotten slightly more sporadic. She, however, was sound asleep which was a good thing.

'Heh...what if I did something for her?'

I looked at the space rock Sokka gave me and smiled. I made it split in half and made it in the shape of a bracelet. I softly put it on her wrist and softly patted her head. I thought maybe it'll help with her fidgeting. She could bend and make any shape she wants to out of nothing but space rocks. 

I got up and slowly backed away from her. She needed her rest and I was not gonna- "OW!" I backed up right into a branch and collapsed onto my back. I was too focused on (Y/N) to notice it. She shot right up and I could only guess she was looking at me with worry in her face. "Are you okay??? Did you hurt yourself? Are you injured?" I groaned and got up, with her help, and sighed. "Yeah I'm fine just tripped over a branch. Nothing too serious." It looked as if a weight had been taken off of her shoulders when I said that since her posture straightened. "That's good I thought you hurt yourself badly." "I can take a little bit more than a tree branch (Y/N)." "I'm aware." 

She started playing with her fingers and I shook my head. "Hey Fidget Check your wrist dumb ass." "What do you......Toph did you give this to me?" I smirked and crossed my arms. "Hell yeah, I did! Now you can bend that instead of fidgeting all the time." She started stammering which I could only assume was by me flustering her. "Did you forget I'm blind and see through the floor? I can see every fidget you do." "I-I'm so sorry about that Toph I can't control it and I uh-" I smiled when I could see her changing the rock into different shapes and having it twirl around in her hand as she spoke. 

"Don't be it's comforting to know you're there but also so goddamn annoying to see all the time." She let out a soft breath and laughed softly. "Thank you, Toph. I'll keep it forever." I was about to say something. Possibly a snarky comment or even just confirmation but my face heated up 10000 shades of red when I left her lips touch my cheek. "I promise" She then turned and walked back to her sleeping spot. 

"D-Damn Fidget"

Everything Is Connected