To Save Her Life (Part 5)

After Mal spent a few minutes just crying into Jay's shirt, she had eventually calmed herself down. "Mal, are you sure you're okay?" Jay asked his friend as she stood up.

Mal wiped her tear stained cheeks as she nodded. "I guess." Was her reply.

"Maybe you should go back to your dorm and rest a little bit." Carlos suggested.

"But, I still need to figure out how to wake Evie up!" Mal argued.

"Mal, please don't argue." Carlos told her. "I can see you're tired, me, Jay, and Henry will try to figure out how to wake her up."

Mal knew that Carlos wasn't going to let her do otherwise, so she didn't argue with him anymore, and went up to her dorm. When she entered the room, she took in a deep breath as she looked over at Evie's side. She slowly walked over to Evie's bed and just laid down on her bed and cuddled with Evie's fuzzy blanket that she absolutely loved.

Mal looked over at Evie's nightstand and saw a selfie that Evie had taken of the two of them when Mal had fallen asleep on top of her when she was trying to help her study for her chemistry test. She picked it up and looked at it. She couldn't keep herself from letting even more tears fall as she put the picture back on Evie's nightstand. She brought Evie's blanket up to her face as she breathed in Evie's scent that was still on there.

She got up and went over to her side of the dorm and started throwing her things in her anger. "You're not gonna win, Doug!" She screamed. Mal was furious at the dwarf, she leaned her head against the wall and just let herself cry. Her gaze returned to the picture on Evie's nightstand.

She couldn't stand not being around Evie any longer. So she left the dorm and went back to the nurse where Evie still was. She didn't stop for anything until she was on her knees in front of Evie's bed.

"Evie, if you can hear me, you have to wake up. Please! I'm begging you, I can't live without you, you know that!" She cried holding onto her hand. "I love you so much! More than anything! Please just come back to me!" Mal laid her head down on the mattress and continued to cry and cry. "Please don't let Doug win." She whispered through her tears.

She didn't stop crying into her arms, staining the mattress with her tears. But suddenly, out of nowhere, she felt fingers running through her hair. She immediately lifted her head and saw Evie's mocha orbs gazing at her with love and affection in them. Mal gasped as she immediately wrapped her arms the best she could around Evie as she hugged her.

"You're awake! I can't believe it!" Mal yelled now crying tears of joy and happiness.

Evie wiped away Mal's tears with her thumbs. "It's ok, don't cry, Mal. But what exactly happened?" She asked.

"Those apples, they weren't from Henry, they were from Doug, and he poisoned you." Mal told her. "You've been asleep for a day and a half. I thought I was gonna lose you."

"But you didn't, I'm here." Evie assured her cupping Mal's cheeks.

"I just don't understand, how are you awake?" Mal asked in confusion.

"Didn't Henry kiss me? Wait, where is Henry?" Evie asked also in confusion.

"Henry tried kissing you, but Doug made the poison to where true love's kiss wouldn't work." Mal replied.

Evie looked down as she pursed her lips in thought, before her eyes widened in realization. "Mal, what did you do when you came in here?" She asked.

"Nothing! All I did was cry and beg you to wake up then telling you how much I love you, that's it!" Mal answered her.

Evie smiled as she looked at Mal. "True love." She whispered under her breath. "Mal, you woke me up."

"But that's not possible. Doug made the poison-"

"True love's kiss wouldn't work. But Mal, our friendship is so strong, we have true love, and you were able to wake me up."

Mal realized that Evie was right. They did have true love. She was the one who was able to wake Evie up. "This is amazing! Oh! I need to find the boys and tell them the awesome news!" Mal yelled standing up and rushing out of the room.

Evie laughed as she shook her head in amusement watching Mal run out of the room as fast as she could. Mal was running around the whole campus like a chicken with its head cut off as she looked around for the boys. And she found them in the courtyard walking towards the school.

"Jay! Carlos! Henry!" She screamed causing them to turn around when they heard Mal screaming their names.

"Mal! What's wrong?!" Henry asked worried that something bad had happened.

"It's Evie!" She yelled making them instantly start worrying.

"What happened to Evie?!" Henry demanded.

"She's awake!" She told them.

"But that can't be! How?!" Jay yelled as well.

"I woke her up! With true love. Since we have such a strong friendship we have true love and I was able to wake her up!" She explained to them.

The four of them wasted no time in running back to the nurses office. Then they burst through the door, seeing Evie sitting up in the bed and smiling at them.

Henry ran over to her and kissed his girlfriend passionately. "I'm so glad you're okay! We all thought you weren't gonna make it."

"You guys really gave up on me that easily." Evie teased them.

"No, but else were really worried about you, E." Mal replied. "And I'm never letting you eat anything without testing it for poison first."

Evie laughed as Mal sat on the bed next to her and rested her head on her shoulder. They all spent the rest of the day just hanging out in the room with Evie, after her being asleep for what had seemed like forever.

"Well, it's getting late, and we have school tomorrow, so we should probably get back to our dorm. We'll come see you tomorrow, Evie." Carlos said with the boys agreeing with him.

Evie nodded as she still needed to stay for at least another day as she was pretty weak, because the poison had drained her of her energy and pretty much everything else. Henry made sure to give Evie one last kiss before leaving the room.

"Looks like someone thinks you're a good pillow." Henry said pointing to Mal. Evie looked down at Mal who was asleep next to her with her still resting on her shoulder. She smiled affectionately at her. "She probably didn't sleep too good while you were here."

Evie nodded before she pecked his lips once more and then he left. Evie slightly moved Mal so that she could lay down and Mal shifted to where she was cuddling Evie. Evie's smile grew as she ran her fingers through her hair before kissing her hair.

"Goodnight, Mal. I love you." She whispered before she too, fell asleep.

THE END

A/N: Well, that's the end of To Save Her Life! I hope you guys enjoyed this! Please let me know what you thought. And leave a request for another one shot if you have any. Until the next chapter!!!