Allergies

Mal always thought that Summer was the best time of the year. School was out, and the weather was perfect. Everyone was at the enchanted lake that day. They were just having a little party to celebrate the end of the school year. Some kids were swimming in the lake, others were just chowing down on food, some were just sitting and having conversations with each other.

And Mal, she was just sitting on a rock waiting for Evie to show up, as she was late. She kept looking at her phone to check the time, and the more time that passed, Mal was getting more and more bored. She just let out a breath as she rested her chin in the palm of her hand. Where was Evie? And what was taking her so long?

And when she saw Evie running towards her, Mal smiled as she stood up real quick. "Where have you been, E?" She asked her.

"Sorry I'm so late!" Evie apologized. "It's just I got in Clarabelle and started driving here, got about halfway, and then I realized I had forgotten my bathing suit, so I had to drive all the way back, and find it, which took forever cause I forgot where I put it, and then I had to put it on, so yeah it took me awhile. But I'm here now!" 

Mal giggled. Evie was one to always forget something, she should have suspected it. "Well, let's have some fun now!" Mal said with Evie nodding her head excitedly.

So they joined the rest of their group down by where all the food was. "Hey! Look who decided to finally show up!" Carlos teased Evie, who just rolled her eyes playfully at him.

"Yeah, yeah. let's just have some fun!" Evie said. Everybody instantly agreed, most of them jumped in the lake, and began swimming around, splashing each other. The only one not in the lake, was Mal. As she was still didn't know how to swim, and wasn't too fond of water. Evie noticed that Mal wasn't joining them in the water, so she swam over to her. "Hey M, why aren't you coming in? The water's nice!" Evie said.

"You know how I feel about water, Evie." Mal said with Evie giving her a sympathetic smile as she grabbed Mal's hand. 

"Yeah, I know. I just thought, maybe you'd want to give swimming another try."

Mal shook her head as she stood up and went back to sitting on a rock, watching her friends from a distance. Evie knew Mal wasn't having a lot of fun without her. So she got back up on dry land, grabbed her towel and went to sit next to Mal.

"What are you doing? I thought you wanted to swim." Mal said.

"What I want to do, is to see you have fun. What is something you would want to do?" Evie asked her. Mal shrugged her shoulders in response. She really didn't know exactly what she wanted to do. "You want to eat something?"

"Sure. Why not?" Mal said as Evie stood up to go and get them something. And she came back with a plate of cookies. "What are those?" She asked.

"You know, cookies! These are the good ones. They're almond ones and they're the best! Here, have one!" Evie said handing her a cookie.

Mal hesitantly grabbed one and bit into it. Evie was right, it was good! Very good. But not too long after she had taken that bite, she began to feel lightheaded, and her face became numb, and she also found it hard to breathe. But she didn't know why.

"E-Ev-Evie?" She tried speaking but it had become difficult to do so.

Evie hummed in response as she continued to enjoy the cookies, but when she turned her head over to Mal, her eyes widened. Mal's face was all red, and looked swollen, and she could hear Mal struggling to breathe as she began gasping for air. "Mal?! Mal!" She yelled. 

Evie didn't know what to do. She didn't even know what was happening. But then it hit her. The cookies. Mal must be allergic to almonds. And if she was. That meant Evie had to rush her to the hospital. She didn't have time to go get their friends, so she picked Mal up in her arms and began running back to Clarabelle. She looked down at Mal and saw she had broken out in hives. 

As soon as she made it to Clarabelle, she got Mal buckled in the passenger seat as fast as possible before getting in the front and driving to the hospital. "It's ok Mal, everything's going to be ok. Just hang on." Evie said. Evie had never driven so fast in her life. But she knew she had to in order to save Mal's life.

And as soon as she parked as close as she could to the emergency entrance, she once again picked Mal up and ran inside before screaming at the receptionist.

"Please help! My friend here is allergic to almonds, please help her please!" She screamed. 

Some nurses ran in before the put Mal in a bed and put an oxygen mask on her as they took her back. Evie tried to follow, but the receptionist told her to wait in the waiting area, which frustrated her.

She sat down in one of the chairs and bounced her knee up and down impatiently as she was nervous, and scared for Mal. She felt her phone vibrate, so she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Evie? Evie! It's Carlos! Where did you and Mal go? You guys like just rushed out of here without saying anything."

"Well that's because Mal had a severe allergic reaction to the almonds in those cookies. I had to take her to the hospital, so that's where we are."

"Wait what?! Do you need us to come over there."

"No, I think it would just be better for you all to stay over there. I'll let you know Mal's condition when I hear from the doctor."

"Ok, by Eves."

"Bye Carlos."

Evie ran her fingers through her damp hair as she put her phone away. She continued to just sit and wait for Mal. 'It shouldn't be taking this long. Should it?' Evie thought to herself. She was getting more and more worried about Mal every second that ticked by. She hadn't been this scared since she had been in that same waiting area, waiting to hear about Mal after her accident. It felt like it was happening all over again. She couldn't do this again. 'Please Mal. Please be ok.' She said in her mind once more. All this waiting was killing her.

"For Mal Moors?" A doctor came out and called. 

Evie shot up to her feet and practically ran over to the doctor. "I'm with her!" She yelled. "Is she ok? Is Mal ok? Please tell me she's ok!" 

The doctor lightly laughed. "Mal is just fine." She told Evie who let out a huge sigh of relief. "You got her here just in time, had you come any later it could've been much worse. You saved her life."

"I-I did? I saved her life?" Evie asked in disbelief.

The doctor nodded her head. "Yes. You did. Now you can go back and see her and take her back home. She'll just have to take it easy for a few days. And stay away from almonds."

Evie nodded before rushing off to Mal's room. She walked in to see Mal on a bed asleep. "Mal? Hey Mal."  She gently whispered running her fingers through Mal's hair softly.

Mal slowly opened her eyes as she looked at Evie and sat up. "Evie?"

Evie smiled at her. "Hey, how you feeling? You ready to go home?" She asked.

Mal nodded as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Evie helped her up and to her feet as she took her out to Clarabelle. But before Mal got in, she hugged Evie real tight. "Thanks E." She said.

"For what?" Evie asked.

"For saving my life. If it wasn't for you, I might not be here."

"Mal stop being so dramatic." Evie said getting into the front seat before heading back to Auradon Prep.

"I'm not though. Just thank you Evie."

"You're welcome, Mal."

A/N: Well? How was this one? Shout out to @Descendantsfan03 for suggesting this to me, I hope you liked it. And I hope the rest of you liked it as well. Please let me know what you thought, and, as always, leave a request for another one shot if you have one. Until the next chapter!!!