Christmas Reunion (Part 1)

A year. A full year. 365 days since Mal had last seen Evie. They were both in college. But in separate colleges, on opposite sides of the country. They didn't want to be that far apart, but they had different dreams. Mal wanted to be an artist, Evie wanted to a fashion designer. And so they had gone to two different colleges.

Of course, they obviously couldn't stand not being able to see each other, so every night, they would FaceTime each other. And so, that was what Mal was doing.

"Do you like my Christmas tree that I put up and decorated?" Mal asked Evie turning her camera around to show her best friend.

"I love it!" Evie said. "If you were a Christmas tree, that's how I imagine you would look like."

Mal rolled her eyes. "So how is your Christmas tree coming along?" She asked.

"It's almost done. I've just got a few more ornaments to put on." Evie said as she was talking to Mal while decorating her tree.

"You know, I wish you were here right now. I miss seeing you all the time." Mal said.

"Aw, but Mal, you see me every night." Evie reminded her.

"I know I do, but it's just on my phone." Mal replied. "I want to be able to see you in person again."

"And you will very soon." Evie told Mal making her eyes narrow in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm coming back to Auradon City for Christmas!" Evie squealed.

Mal's eyes widened as the biggest smile appeared on her face. "But I thought you said you couldn't make it." She said.

"I did say that. But my plans changed, and I'm coming!" Evie said excitedly. "I couldn't turn down the opportunity of seeing my best friend, and all my other friends, and of course, my boyfriend."

"That's amazing! I can't wait to see you!"

"Me either!" Evie said. "Ah! I'm finally done! Now I need to put the star on." Evie grabbed the star before getting her step ladder, climbing up on it, and putting the star on top of her tree. "Doesn't it look amazing?"

"It sure does, E." Mal replied.

Evie smiled her proud smile that Mal always loved to see on her face. "Thanks, M! Well, unfortunately I have to get going. I have this test tomorrow and I have to be well rested."

"That's ok, Evie. I understand, good luck to you tomorrow. I love you!" Mal said.

"I love you too, Mal. I'll see you soon!" She said ending the call.

Mal smiled as she laid on her bed. She couldn't wait to see Evie again.

***

A week and a half had passed, and Mal's plane had just landed. She was officially back in Auradon City. She went to baggage claim and waited for her suitcase. Before she was suddenly grabbed and lifted off her feet. She screamed and tried to break free from whoever had a hold of her.

"Let me go! Let me go!" She yelled.

"Whoa Mal! Chill! It's just me." She heard a familiar voice say.

"Jay!" She said as she quickly hugged him. "Oh, it feels like its been forever!"

"I know! It's weird not seeing you and Evie all the time." Jay said.

"I feel like I've been forgotten over here." Mal heard her boyfriend's voice from behind her.

"Carlos!" She screamed as she hugged him and smashed her lips onto his. "I've missed you so much!"