The Accident (Part 4)

After crying themselves back to sleep in the middle of the night, Evie woke up to hear soft knocks on the door, she saw Mal had fallen asleep with her head resting on Evie's stomach and her arms hugging Evie's waist like a teddy bear. She smiled as she gently moved her off of her and laid her down on the bed, and kissed her head before she went to go answer the door seeing Jay and Carlos on the other side.

"Hey Evie!" Jay said before Evie quickly putting her hand over his mouth and shushing him.

"You need to be quiet. Mal's still sleeping." She whispered.

"Ok, we just wanted to see how Mal's doing." Carlos whispered.

Evie looked behind her to see Mal still asleep on the bed, so she stepped out into the hallway quietly closing the door behind her.

"How is she doing, Evie?" Jay asked.

Evie sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. "I think she might be starting to get some of her memories back." Evie said. "When we walked into the dorm, I think she vaguely remembered when we walked in there for the first time. And last night, she remembered the accident. And it scared her, pretty bad."

"Well, at least she can remember something." Carlos said as he always tried to look for something positive.

"Maybe, if we took her around Auradon, she might remember more." Jay suggested.

Evie thought for a minute. Was Mal really ready to go out yet? She couldn't exactly walk very well. Was it really a good idea? But Jay could be right, it might help bring more of her memories back.

She nodded. "Ok. We can do that. Let's meet at Clarabelle in an hour, that gives Mal a little time to wake up and get ready." Evie told them.

The boys agreed, so they left, and Evie went back into her dorm. And she saw that Mal was still asleep, but was moving around a little. It looked like maybe she was having another nightmare, so Evie rushed over to her to wake her up.

"Mal, it's ok. It's just a dream, wake up." Evie told her.

Mal shot up and started freaking out before she saw Evie and calmed down. She grabbed onto Evie and just tried to catch her breath.

Evie sat down on the bed just holding onto Mal. "What happened Mal?" She asked her.

"I think I remembered something else." She said.

"What did you remember?"

"I don't exactly know, I was just in some sort of place, and I remembered seeing a sceptre of some sort, with something glowing on it. And I think you were trying to touch it, but I stopped you, and I touched it, but then everything went black. And it was like I couldn't wake up." Mal explained.

Evie smiled at the ground softly. "That was when you saved my life." She told her.

"I saved your life?"

Evie smiled at her as she nodded. "Yeah, we were on this quest to find your mother's sceptre, but there was a curse on it, and you knew that. And you wanted me to touch it, so that I would be cursed to sleep for a thousand years. But you pushed me out of the way and grabbed it. And that's when I knew, that there was good inside of you." Evie told her.

"Wow, and I was just gonna let that happen to you?" Mal asked.

Evie nodded. "Yeah. But you didn't! And that's why we're best friends. I love you, Mal. And me, Jay, and Carlos are gonna take you out for a drive around Auradon and see if we can bring back any of your memories."

Mal liked that idea, so she and Evie got ready, getting showers, changed, and fixed their hair. And by the time they were both ready it was time to go to Clarabelle, (Evie's Nissan Rogue) and meet Jay and Carlos.