To Save Her Life (Part 4)

The four vk's had spent the whole day trying to figure out who had poisoned Evie. But every time they thought they had figured out who did it, they only came to a dead end. "I'm sorry guys, but it's getting late, we'll continue our search tomorrow." Henry said as he turned around to the three vk's.

"No! We'll have less time then!" Mal tried to argue. She refused to give up now. She wasn't going to stop until the spell caster was caught and punished for what they did to Evie.

"Mal, it's getting late. Just get some rest, and we'll start again first thing in the morning." Henry told her.

Mal sighed as she couldn't say no to him. So she followed them into the school and went to her dorm. She kicked off her shoes and got in her bed, not even bothering to change her clothes. She curled up as she laid against her pillows. She tried to close her eyes, but they just opened right back up.

The dorm felt empty without Evie. She couldn't fall asleep knowing that Evie wasn't with her. She turned on the lamp on her nightstand as she turned to where she was laying on her back. Mal let a few tears escape from her eyes. She was nothing without Evie. Evie was her whole world. They did absolutely everything together. If Evie left her, what would she do? She put her shoes back on as she left the dorm, and went down to the nurse. She opened the door and found Evie just laying on a bed, looking as if she was just sleeping peacefully.

Mal slowly approached Evie, and just stood there staring at her for a few seconds. She bit her lip before she gently got onto the bed next to Evie, and wrapped her arms around her, her face against Evie's arm.

"I miss you." She whispered as she looked up at Evie. "I'm gonna find whoever did this to you, I promise. Just please, try to hang on as long as you possibly can. I love you." Mal said before she hugged Evie not letting go of her as she fell asleep.

***

The next morning, Mal heard whispering. So she slowly opened her eyes and saw Jay, Carlos, and Henry standing at the end of the bed she and Evie were on. "What are you guys doing here?" She asked them.

"When we saw you weren't in your dorm, we knew there was only one other place you would be." Jay told her.

Mal nodded knowing that the boys knew her pretty well. She sat up and stretched her arms before standing up from the bed. "So do we have anymore possibilities?" Mal asked.

"Well, on our way over here, we thought of one." Henry said.

"So, who is it?" Mal asked again.

"Now this may be a little farfetched, but we think maybe Doug did." Jay replied.

Mal looked down at the floor as she thought about him. There was a chance that Doug could have done it. But was he really capable of doing something like this? And to Evie? But it was worth it to at least check him out. "Ok. Let's go find him." Mal said.

The boys nodded as they first headed to Doug's dorm. They knocked on his door, but no one answered. "I guess he's not here." Carlos said.

"So where do you think he might be?" Jay asked.

"The one place a nerd is guaranteed to be. The library, studying." Mal said before walking off towards the library, again with the boys following her.

When they got to the library, they searched the whole place for the dwarf. And he ended up being at a table all the way in the back. And Mal sat down across from him. Doug barely looked up at her before back down at the book in his hands and writing something down on the paper on the table in front of him.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"I need to ask you something." Mal said.

"Well then ask me already!" He replied.

"Did you poison Evie?" Mal asked with an angry look on her face.

Doug started laughing quietly staring at the book in his hands. "So now you figured it out. Good detective work, Mal." He said.

"I'm gonna kill you." Mal said about to stand up but was stopped by Henry and Jay who were holding her back.

"Mal stay calm, ok? He's not worth it." Jay said.

"He poisoned my best friend! Like heck he isn't worth it!" She yelled at them. "Wake her up now!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Doug told her with a sick smirk on his face.

Mal broke free from the boys grips on her as she charged at Doug and began beating him with her fists. "Why?! Why would you do something like that to Evie?! She doesn't deserve it!" Mal yelled at him as Henry and Jay grabbed a hold of her again, keeping her away from Doug.

"I've been in love with Evie since she first came to Auradon." He said. "And when she started dating Henry, you don't know how hard I tried to get her to fall in love with me. But then, she yelled in my face to stay away from her, she was happy with Henry and wanted to be with him, and I was ruining that. So then I wasn't mad at just Evie. I was mad at Henry too. I was more than mad, I was furious, and wanted to split them apart. But that didn't even work. So I worked day and night for three weeks to make the perfect poison that wouldn't even be broken by true loves kiss. Because if I couldn't have Evie. No one could. And no one will."

"Tell me how to wake her up, Doug. NOW!" Mal screamed at him.

"I can't. There's absolutely nothing you can do. Evie will die. And not even you can stop it." Doug laughed.

"That's it!" Henry yelled. "Because of what you have done, I am sending you to the isle of the lost!" Henry screamed in Doug's face.

Doug's eyes widened as he realized that his hands were being forced behind of his back as Henry pushed him out of the library.
Mal, Jay, and Carlos then left the library as well. Mal began crying as she hugged Jay.

"What are we gonna do about Evie?" She asked through her tears.

Jay tried his best to hold his own tears back as he watched his friend cry, she was hurting, they were all hurting. Evie was dying, and they still didn't know how they would ever be able to wake her.

"It's ok, Mal. We'll figure it out. I know we will." He told her trying to remain strong for both of his friends. They all had to be strong about this. Evie couldn't die. And they weren't going to let her.

A/N: Well, now we all know it was Doug that poisoned Evie. I think there's probably going to be at least one more part in this story, I'm not sure yet, we'll see what happens when I write part 5. Anyway, please let me know what you thought. Until the next chapter!!!