No More Regrets (Part 10)

A little over a week had passed since Mal had first woken up from her coma and she was officially bored out of her mind just doing nothing but laying in that hospital for the past 9 days straight. She would be just dancing around that hospital room or getting lost on purpose in that hospital but the cast on her leg and the fact that she had a fractured knee was the only thing stopping her from doing so.

One good thing that had happened though was that she was finally able to start eating solid food again, unfortunately she still had the feeding tube in while her body was trying to adjust to her getting back to eating normally. Dr. Shaffer had thankfully told her that it looked like they would be able to remove it within the next 3 days so that made her hopeful. For that time she was currently chilling in that bed of hers while eating some ice cream next to Evie.

"Wow, I never realized just how much I missed this stuff." Mal said as her eyes just about rolled to the back of her head as she was enjoying the taste of her favorite flavor which was obviously strawberry.

"Really? You made it pretty clear that you needed ice cream because of how much you were missing it." Evie reminded her with a playful look in her eyes.

"Oh yeah, maybe I did realize it then." Mal replied with a laugh as Evie rolled her eyes while a smile grew on her face.

Not even a few minutes after that little moment a soft knock sounded on the door as Audrey walked into the room. Mal had her mouth slightly hanging open at the sight of her as she was the last person she ever ever expected to walk through that door. "Audrey? You're here?" She asked her a little in confusion.

"Yep, I take it you're surprised?"

"That's one way of putting it." Mal replied as Audrey approached the bed and leaned down to give her a small hug.

"I'm sorry for stopping by unannounced, I should have texted or called I was just nearby and thought I'd come and say hello. So hello." Audrey said as she took a seat in a chair that was right beside Evie's.

"Oh that's fine Audrey, there's really no way you could disturb us. Mal's been bored out of her mind all week." Evie replied as she squeezed Mal's hand slightly.

"Well excuse me if this hospital is the most boring place on earth." Mal replied to her.

"I gotta say, it's good to see you awake Mal." Audrey said to her. "You had us all worried after hearing about your accident."

"Wait, you were worried about me?" Mal asked in shock after hearing those words come from the princess's mouth.

"Well yeah! How could I not be? I mean, at this point I'd call us friends."

"Interesting. Our past selves would hate us so much right now." Mal joked with her causing them both to share a laugh.

"Well they can stuff it because we are their future so they'll be us eventually." Audrey replied as her and Mal laughed a little more.

"To be honest though I like us being friends more than being enemies." Mal admitted to the princess who nodded in reply.

"Me too Mal, you're a fun person to be around." Audrey replied.

"I just want to thank you for caring enough about me to come and visit me."

"Of course! It's honestly the least I can do."

"Aww this is just the cutest thing I've ever seen." Evie spoke up after watching the two former rivals be all sweet with each other.

Mal couldn't help but roll her eyes over the way Evie was acting. "Ok E, that's enough. We get it." She playfully said to her just as Fireball leaped back up onto the bed and on Mal's lap once again. "Oh hey Fireball!"