~52~

~ADAM~

My limbs stretched automatically by themselves and I dropped the the brush in my hand carelessly on the table beside me, not caring if the paint will splitter or not. I was beyond tired and exhausted, I was drained, both mentally and physically and maybe a little bit emotionally because all the Artworks and designs we've been making for the school since the week started had kept me away from Kunmi. I couldn't even remember the last time we sat to talk together. That, coupled with the incessant headache of that girl... What was her name again?

"You should take a break, Adam."

Before nko? My subconscious replied immediately and I was up on my foot, walking towards the door when my phone started dinging with the notifications of new WhatsApp messages. I brought it out, mentally concluding that it was Sophia texting me to hurry up, because I was supposed to meet her in the Auditorium to discussy1 the details of the artwork she wanted me to make for her supposed special guest speaker only to see that they were messages from a totally new number.

I cussed underneath my breath before blocking the number without even reading the messages or viewing the pictures. I was this close to losing my shit. I already lost count of her numbers that I've blocked and yet, she just kept coming back, chatting me up with new numbers even though I wasn't replying. I could barely remember her but from her overly enthusiastic introduction, I distinctly remembered her from Aminah's party as the girl who had put her hands on me. I had immediately gotten pissed off at Aminah, concluding that she'd be the only person to give her my number. But then, I just ignored her until the messages got incessant and overbearing.

Then, she started sending pictures.

Obscene ones.

Not so subtle pictures of her cleavages.

I was more repulsed than annoyed.

I blocked her, immensely grateful for that option on WhatsApp until she chatted me up with another number, then another one and one day in a fit of rage, I had stormed up to Aminah, about to demand, rather than ask, the reason why she'd give someone my number without asking, not like I'd have given her the permission anyway but the sight of Aminah, standing all alone by the railings overlooking the love garden, her poise screaming dejected and a thousand other things that I couldn't decipher. I walked closer to her, momentarily forgetting the reason why I had came to seek her out in the first place because she looked so... so sad? Sad actually doesn't cut it but there was just something unAminahlike about her that day that made me so worried about her.

I was worried about her and that was a first considering the fact that I was even supposed to be angry at her for giving my number out.

I walked closer to her till I was standing beside her but she gave no inclination that someone was now standing very close to her, no inclination whatsoever. Infact, she could as well be alone in the whole block. I watched her for a minute, noticing her pale figure and how sunken her cheeks look and wondering what the fuck could be going on with her.

And where on earth was her boyfriend?

I noticed her eyes were fixed on a particular spot in the love garden. I followed her eyes to see her object of fascination only to look back at her, my brows raising in disbelief and shock.

Wow!

Sophia? Really?

I looked at Sophia who was so engrossed in the phone she was pressing her phone to the girl beside me who was still totally unaware that someone was beside her.

These two, I couldn't even start to thing of the kind of bizarre relationship that had going on. That is if there was really anything going on but then, things weren't really adding on.