~39~

~ADAM~

She watched me, gaze unwavering. I felt her tremble against my palm and my thumb was now on the corner of her lips, her pretty plump and slightly parted lips and if I moved it just a little, I would be touching her lips, feeling them. I painfully tore my eyes away from the pure temptation that her lips were and I met her eyes. They were huge as if she couldn't believe that this was actually happening. I couldn't believe this was actually happening, I had wanted to go slow, on whatever pace it was she wanted but I had no control over I wanted or not when it came to her, not when her scent filling everything, not when I've been fantasizing about this since a very long time ago. And right now, I couldn't even think, couldn't think about if this was rational or not. Even if it wasn't, I simply couldn't be rational when it came to her.

She was still looking at me, lips slightly parted, eyes widened in surprise when we heard the sound of the door being opened. We both turned towards the direction just as Aminah and Kunle entered.

I thought it was impossible to hate my best friend but right now, I for sure did not like him.

"Playing games is going to be way better than sitting in that party. All the guys there just wants a girl who'd give them a lap dance. Shioo."

"You don't have to worry about other guys when you have me."

I rolled my eyes at Kunle's words and Aminah also made a gagging sound in between saying ewww.

One minute, they were smiling at each other and the next minute, they were in each other's arms. Knowing Kunmi and I wouldn't want to be an audience to a full make out session, I cleared my throat and I moved away from Kunmi.

Which was the hardest thing I've had to do.

The two of them broke apart and they turned towards our direction. Their eyes widened when they saw us. Kunle's expression soon changed from shock and his face morphed into a wide grin.

"Did we come at a bad time?"

He asked, his voice coming out teasingly and knowingly. I chuckled even though I really felt like wiping that stupid grin off his face.

"Nah, you couldn't have chosen a better time to come."

I replied sarcastically and he just burst into laughter.

Remind me to murder him later.

"Since we're all here. Should we just play games together?"

Aminah asked excitedly and she walked further into the room, to one of the games, bubble shooter, the one even small kids weren't playing again. She reminded me of a child most of the time and I think she's really a good match for Kunle

But if he liked Sophia and he didn't know or if he knew and he had been trying to suppress those feelings, I wouldn't know what to do with that kind of love triangle or square or probably rectangle self.

Which wouldn't have been a triangle if Aminah hadn't gotten into the picture at all?

How did she even get into the picture in the first place?

Sophia and I were absent from the summer coaching for two weeks and when we returned, he was all over her. I was absent because I traveled to Abuja with mom and Sophia was absent because...

She wasn't absent because of photoshoots or fashion shows or tours, she was absent because of her sister, those two weeks break were because of Stephanie. It was right after the issue with Stephanie.

I could only imagine her shock, returning to school only to see Kunle smitten with Aminah, a girl we didn't talk to, a girl Sophia never really liked all the while dealing with Stephanie, which was a totally different kind of pain.