59

Dedicated to Xase-faith
            Happy birthday hun, sending
         you love and light ♥️&💡

                                  ~KUNMI~

Olympia! Olympia!! Olympia!!!

That was what came with the resumption. We did not even have time to fully bask and enjoy the fact that we now had less than a year to go in secondary school, that we were now in that class we've always wanted to be since resumed secondary school.

And looking back now on the one year I've spent in Crescent High which felt like yesterday when I just resumed and I was so unsure of myself and so sure that no one would even take a second look at me.

Then came Aminah, the energy personified who stretched her hand to me when I desperately needed it. Her energy was so contagious and I had no idea how she managed to stay that excited and energised every time.

Adam, who even at my lowest would always see the best in me, my favourite person actually.

And Sophia, the original Queen Weirdo. Even now, I still don't understand that girl. I already gave up trying to understand her.

The long break was spent in great ecstasy and euphoria. The memories I've made during the break were one I'd never trade for anything. The last break was simply the best. Endless laughter, joys, happiness.

Adam stayed with his cousin for the better parts of the holiday which was everything and more.

Boy has killed you.

And Aminah, she came over almost everyday, turned everything around with her overly positive energy, an energy that made Junior confide in me that he has a crush on her.

I just chuckled to that because that could only mean he was ready to enter into a tug of war with Kunle.

Sophia wasn't around for the holiday at all and I'd have definitely missed her if she wasn't bombarding my dms with pictures, voice notes and everything to the point that I almost blocked her.

It was after assembly and I was walking towards the second hall for the briefing about Olympia that the vice principal, Academics had organised when I saw her.

I saw her, Sophia Williams.

She was standing right at the entrance of the wall, dressed fully in her school uniform, I meant with her blazers, pop socks, tie and her hands were tucked into the pockets of her blazers as she stared straight ahead.

There was something unusual about her, something that made her look so different and it was hard to pin point exactly what the thing was.

"My Baby Kay." She screamed when she saw me and one minute, she was leaning against the wall and the next, she was hugging me, crushing my bones, holding on to me as if her whole life depended on it.

"Baby Kay. Awwn, look at you." She said again, pulling back with a look of total adoration on her face. "You look so... I don't know, pretty? happy? Joyful? I don't even know. I sha missed you so much."

I opened my mouth to say something but that died in my throat when she crushed her body against mine again.

"You missed me, right? Hmm? Hmm?" She probed, her eyes wide with curiosity as if missing her would serve some sort of unknown purpose to her.

I nodded. "Yes, I did." That smile was back on her face again, bigger and brighter and it could even light up the darkest room.

"Awwwwnnn, I'm blushing." She actually made a very silly face that made me scoff mentally. I was still looking at her and wondering why she looked so different when I noticed it.