~2~

Dedicated to Teefabulous ♥️❤️

Adam

We had a normal morning.

Nah, an abnormal morning.

Normal mornings weren't all sunshine and rainbows.

Normal mornings weren't my parents acting all lovey-dovey at the dining, feeding each other and nearly eating from each other's mouth.

Gross.

I gulped water from the glass cup before standing up, my breakfast barely touched.

"I should leave for school now if I don't want to be late."

My mother looked at the huge wall clock adjacent to her before facing me. The time was 7:15; I shouldn't be leaving that early and from her expression, I knew she was going to say that.

"But you still have like fifteen minutes more."

I picked up my bag that was draped on the chair beside me.

"Yes, but I have to be in school earlier today. It's the first day of resumption."

She started to nod thoughtfully. "But you've not even finished eating your..."

"I have to run along now Mom. Do have a nice day at work, Sir."

"Yes, Son. Be a good boy, hmm?"

Good boy? Am I a kid?

I started walking outside and Mom followed. That was like a tradition. She'd always follow me to the car.

Even mornings when she was too bruised and battered.

We got outside and the driver, who was already standing beside the car entered and started the ignition. I turned back to Mom.

"Be a good boy and listen to your teachers, okay?"

"Mom, I'm in SS2, I'm a senior student.'You should listen to your teachers' phrases is for kids"

Mom looked at me with a raised brow before she moved closer and ran her hand through my hair.

My perfectly styled hair.

I groaned inwardly; will this woman ever stop doing that?

She smiled at me again before bringing down her hand to adjust my tie which I was already sure was properly fixed.

"Says the kid who is always going to be a baby to me."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to walk to the car. I got in and the driver drove out of the compound.

There was traffic now and then and the drive that was supposed to take 15 minutes ended up taking 30 minutes.

At least it wasn't more than that this morning. There were days we spent an hour or even more.

We soon turned to familiar streets that led to my school. Crescent High. Four years and counting and I still get mesmerized every time I see my school.

It's just way too beautiful.

I got down from the car and walked to the Academic Block, where the classes were located. The Academic Block was a single building with three stories. My class used to be on the second floor but it was now on the third floor.

"Hey."

Some called from behind me and I turned back.

It was Aminah.