Chapter 13

Writers' note: OKAY HOLY HECK 500 VIEWS???? THAT IS LEGIT BEYOND MY WILDEST EXPECTATIONS. YALL ARE INCREDIBLE AND I HOPE THAT EVERYONE IS HAVING THE BEST DAY EVER. I SPENT A LITTLE EXTRA TIME ON THIS CHAPTER AS A THANK YOU. THANK. YOU.

Writers' note: This will also be the last chapter before the Christmas special which should be posted on Christmas/Christmas Eve.

"What happened? Who was it?" His voice was defensive, and even I got a bit scared.

"I- It was this girl from my old school. Luka I-"

"What... Happened?..."

"I'm not who you think I am. I was a bully. I will always be a bully. She will tell everyone about my past and everyone will hate me!"

I buried my hands in my sweatshirt and out of the corner of my eye I could see a hint of confusion in Luka's eyes before he wiped it away.

"It will be okay. You just need to listen to me," His voice turned panicky. "You need to tell everyone that you care about first. Before they can reach them. News travels fast in that school. If one person knows, in a matter of days everyone will know. You understand?" I violently shake my head in understanding.

"Good. It's getting a bit dark so I'll walk you home." For the most part, the walk home was silent. The only noise that anyone could hear was our footsteps as we trudged along the sidewalk. As I stepped into the apartment building, Luka finally spoke up.

"By any chance would you want to hang out tomorrow? After school I mean- but we could play Mariokart or Mega Strike Three?"

"Uhhhh, sure. I will see you then," I stepped into the apartment building and was immediately greeted by my dad.

"I am heading out to get some medication. I will be back." He raced out the door, nearing trampling Luka. After sharing a look with him, I managed to get into the elevator without any further distractions. I flopped onto my bed as soon as I entered my dark room. Without much time passing, I passed out.

I was soon awoken by the deafening sound of my screeching alarm clock. I put on a loose tee-shirt with a pair of jeans that flared out at the ends. I looked good and I was comfortable. It was perfect.

"Welcome class! Now today will be a bit different and sadly I will need to skip our compliments, but today we will be beginning a project that will last through the rest of the week! If you look around... Half of the desks have pieces of wood on them while others don't." I glanced down at my own desk; no wood. After a quick look around the room, I noticed that most of my friends had the same situation.

"This week we will be building birdhouses! You will be assessed on your problem-solving skills, your creativity, and how well you work with your partner. You may now choose your partner." Mrs. Bustier waved her arms around to signal everyone to get up to find a partner.

"Hey, do you wanna be partners?" I turned my head to find Nathanial. "Mark is out for the week and usually I would be partners with him."

"Of course!" I sat down at the nearest table and we began to get to work. It didn't take us long to get the design of the birdhouse onto the pieces of wood, and Nathanial was able to cut the pieces out with ease.

"Let's put the pieces together now. It will be easier than painting every side of every piece first." I suggested, and he immediately agreed. He picked up a few nails from the tray of hardware that was placed on our table, but I stopped his hand before he could set them down on the table.

"Nails will slide out of the wood. Use screws." I replaced his few nails with screws. I thought that I was taking over the project with my suggestions, but he was always happy to go along with my ideas. His eyes always sparkled whenever I spoke, similar to how Luka's eyes sparkled. Do all boys act like this around people?

As my hand was setting down the screwdriver after the last screw was screwed in, he grabbed the nearest paintbrush and began putting an explosion of colors on his plate. As he painted our creation, I was amazed. It looked incredible.

"You are an amazing painter; that looks beautiful." The way all of the colors blended in was genius. It reminded me of fire and ice, except the colors all worked incredibly well together, rather than the contrasting red and blue.

After a few touch-ups, we turned it in and the class erupted into amazement. Mrs. Bustier told us right there that we scored an A on the project.

"You did awesome, Y/N. We are an awesome team. I hope to work with you in the future." He gave me a high five before going to the next class, and I was definitely hoping to work with him on future partner assignments.

After the first class, I didn't even care about the rest of the classes. I felt like I was at such a high point that they didn't matter to me at the moment.

I was snapped back into reality as I stepped out of the school as a text message came in.

Luka: We still on for later?

You: Yep!