Chapter 24

And then I found me a lover who could play the bass
He's kinda quiet, but his music ain't
Spend the days dreaming and the nights awake
Doin' things we know we shouldn't do
Cause I wouldn't be with you

*Lyrics have been altered to fit the story better

"You like it?" He set his guitar on the floor, turning back to me. I stuttered, trying to find a response.

"But... What about Marinette? I thought she was the one you loved?" He chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face.

"It originally was- but I don't love her anymore. I changed the lyrics to fit you... Which wasn't too hard." God, I tried so hard to not let the corners of my lips curl up, but it was impossible. "You have such a cute smile."

"I will never understand how you have so much free time. I mean- School, work, being a superhero? It seems impossible to balance." He shifted the balance in his seat, seeming on edge about something. "Is everything okay?"

"I told you earlier... You exposed my identity to everyone. Ladybug confiscated my miraculous." I did? I must've done it when I was akumatized. A pit formed in my stomach; he was always so happy with his miraculous. I was the reason he couldn't have it anymore. "But it's fine! I don't need it," He must've seen my face beginning to turn; I was disgusted with myself. "It's not your fault."

I jumped up, swatting his hand away that was making its way towards my hair, "But it is! Luka, how am I supposed to live knowing that I took something away from you- that you- that you- you love!" Tears began to stream down my face, making my vision blurry.

"You're on your period, aren't you? I can get you some ice cream and a heating pad; I'll be right back." My eyes glared down at him, causing him to scramble for a response. "Not funny. It sounded better in my head."

"Stupid," I giggled. He smiled at me, sticking out his hand. "Where are we going?"

"Not sure yet," I popped myself off the couch, reaching his eye level. "Got a place in mind?"

We walked outside into the sunset with no problems. His mom didn't even question him and as for Juleka, she just smiled as we walked by her. "What about near the water? It isn't too chilly." He agreed, and we silently looked out at the calming water. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah, it is. Y'know, I really like you." I lifted myself onto the ledge of the wall, facing the water. "You're cool."

"Just cool?" I couldn't help but giggle as his face flushed up.

"No- Of course not-"

"It's almost like a reverse friendzone. You tell me you like me and then follow it with saying I'm cool." I teased him once again, turning to look at him before facing the waves again.

"Oh, haha," I felt a slight shove on the back, causing my entire body to jump. Turns out there is a reason you're not supposed to sit on the ledge. I lost my balance and I fell a good couple of feet before crashing into the water.

I couldn't swim, and the water wasn't shallow. I managed to hear Luka call out for help before going under. The time passed by slowly, each wave feeling as if it took a minute for it to crash over me when in reality it was only a couple of seconds.

I flailed my arms in every-which-way, trying to keep myself above the water. I definitely would not be able to pull myself out of the water; the most I could do was simply hope that someone would come to help my helpless self. After what was probably a minute, my arms began to give out. For why Luka didn't come to help me was beyond me.

So this is the end.

This is it. This is how I die.

--

"She's breathing!" Luka's voice made its way into my head. I could hear him! I was alive!

"What did you do?" Another voice. Definitely female.

"You were lucky we were passing by; she could've died!" This one I sorta recognized; it reminded me of Chat Noir.

"She was just sitting on the ledge- and she... I lightly pushed her, but it must've scared her enough for her to fall." I heard a couple of buttons get dialed before someone picked up.

"Hi, I have someone with me- Y/N L/N. Yes, we are near the- Yes, that street. Thank you."

A/N: So, it has been a while since my last author's note. In all honestly, I kept forgetting and I almost forgot this time too. But can we just talk about how perfect the song at the beginning of the chapter is for Luka? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed nearly drowning and I will see yall next chapter!