Chapter 25

Long live the walls we crashed through
While the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming, long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders, one day we will be remembered

White. Bright white. That is all I saw. I couldn't hear anything. Did I go deaf? No, couldn't have. I heard Luka and-

"How do you feel?" I waited until the room stopped moving to let my eyes focus.

"I feel..." My chest hurt. I wanted to throw up. My throat was screaming at me. "I feel fine." The nurse nodded, scribbling down a few things on her clipboard before stepping out of the room. Almost immediately, the faces of the people who helped get me out of the water came into view.

"Adrien and I were just walking back from fencing practice when we heard Luka screaming. That is the reason you are still alive." Kagami was standing straight as a pencil next to my head, facing the doorway. "You're lucky I know how to swim. You really scared me," Her voice remained stern, despite her words being sweet.

"Thank you, Kagami." She gave a sad smile, before turning back to Adrien.

"It's getting late. We should go." Kagami made her way through the door and patiently waited for Adrien.

"Get better Y/N, and if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here."

"Thanks, Adrien. I'll see you guys at school. Eh?" Luka's eyes followed them down the hallway, watching them push through the door.

"You're funny if you think that you're going to school tomorrow."

"But I have to-"

"You almost just drowned! How is the school your number one priority? I think they will understand if you miss one day." I sighed, but I knew that he wouldn't budge on his thoughts. He sat down on my bed, careful to not sit on my stomach. His fingers found mine, and he held onto them, rubbing his thumb along the edges.

"Mr. Coufaine? This is the paperwork. Most of it is covered, but you will still have to pay the 250 dollar fee." The nurse handed him the clipboard, giving him a minute to run his eyes over it. Eventually, he took the pen from her to sign it. "Thank you. I will be right back with a receipt."

"I'll pay for it."

"No- I don't want you to pay for it. I should have enough on my debit card. You have done enough."

Within a couple of minutes, she brought back the receipt and we could leave.

"Can you walk?" Luka and the nurse watched me with hawk eyes as I made my attempt to get up. "Thank you." He nodded towards the nurse, and he watched me walk out of the room, standing a couple of feet behind me.

Luka's mom was waiting outside with her own vehicle, which was a motorcycle.

"MOM, she almost just drowned I don't think she-"

"Relax, she can sit in the sidecar." She smirked, tilting her head towards the small car that was attached to one of the sides of the motorcycle.

I was so close to the ground that if I fell through, I would've only had a bruise. This also meant that I got all of the splashed from the puddles, and personally, I would've rather risked my life on the motorcycle.

----

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news! My name's Nadia Chamack and today a new akumatized villain appeared on the streets of Paris. We have heard sources claim that this time, it's Marinette Dupain-Chang and Adrien Agreste! Will Ladybug and Chat Noir show up to save the day? Stay tuned as we cover live footage of the villain!"