Chapter 28

All the hurt, all the lies
All the tears that they cry
When the moment is just right
You see fire in their eyes
'Cause he's stronger than you know
A heart of steel starts to grow
When you've been fighting for it all your life
You've been struggling to make things right
That's how a superhero learns to fly

The symbol of the butterfly appeared over Marinette's face, her face transforming into a smug look. She nodded, before transforming into a new villain. It's... Me?

I stumble backward, caught off guard by my akumatized persona. Marinette rips the staff out of its holder, pointing it to the ground. A familiar brunette comes flying out the other end.

"Lila, join us. With the three of us, we can win! We can beat Ladybug and Chat Noir," She extended her hand out to her, giving her a second to ponder with the thought before speaking again, "Unless if you would rather be erased again?"

Lila shook with fear and took her hand to hoist herself up, "Consider it done." I only had one thought at this moment.

What the hell are we going to do.

"We can't beat them. It's impossible! We've never used these miraculous, how the hell are we going to win?" Luka stood beside me with a calm expression, but I could see right through it.

He glanced around for a moment before turning to me, "There has to be another way." I jumped back as one of them approached me and Luka, my stick firmly in front of us. This must've been enough of a reality check for him to make some concrete moves, "Lucky charm!"

Our faces drooped when nothing dropped from the sky. Even the Ladybug gods were against us.

"Nothing? This must mean... That we already have everything we need!" His face quickly retained the determined look he had before.

"Or that there is nothing we can do," I added. We are going to lose. We always will lose. I should've just given the miraculous to Kagami or someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Luka shook his head in denial. As much as I admired his optimism, even the ladybugs told us that we could not do anything.

Why did I move here? If I did not move here this would not have happened. I am such an idiot.

"Hawkmoth wants the miraculouses. The only thing both miraculous give you is ultimate power and a wish."

God, why won't this boy just give up already?

"He probably wants the wish the most! What if we... What if we use it before he can!"

"Each wish has a consequence," I remind him.

Why did Marinette and Adrien stop attacking us?

I whip my head around, trying to locate the two of them. I freeze when a warm hand is placed upon my cheek, "Give me your miraculous. Please, I know what to do. Trust me."

"No! What if you are wrong; what if you kill yourself? I will not give it to you." The more he begs, the more I quiver, "My mom is gone; I will not lose you too."

"Then I am really sorry." His hand swiftly reached for my hand, ripping the ring off of my finger.

This isn't happening.

Luka mumbles under his breath, trying to fend off the pain I could imagine he is in before collapsing onto the floor.

~~~~~~~

"Luka, please," I stroked his cyan-tipped hair as I sat in a room that I had once been in when I nearly drowned. It was much scarier being next to the patient than it was to be the patient. A knock at the door brought me back from my daze.

"I still can not believe that I am the reason he hurt himself," Marinette slid down beside me, keeping her eyes on Luka. "I do not know why I let my guard down. If I didn't let my emotions get the best of me-"

"It's not your fault. Please, don't blame yourself. I thought I could handle the miraculous, and I was wrong." I clear my face of any tears, hoping that it would make me happier.

"It's nice to hear your voices again," The two of us jumped up at the sound of his voice, and shortly after I felt all of the emotions hit me at once.

~~~~

After waiting a bit to get cleared to leave, we were met by the rest of our friends outside of the hospital.

"I cannot believe it! Luka- all of my viewers are absolutely charmed by you trying to save Y/N from feeling pain by taking her miraculous to be the one to use it, but I have to ask... What did you wish for?" Alya jumped with joy, knowing someone that had used the Ladybug Miraculous before.

"You used the miraculous? For the wish?" Marinette's eyes grew, scared that she would have a bigger problem to deal with.

"I wished for nothing," Luka chuckled, "I wished for no changes in the world, so Hawkmoth wouldn't be able to use the wish." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder to help stabilize him, "And uh- I think I should get home now; thanks, guys."

"So... COOL!"

"I will uhm- stay with you! To make sure you get home safely!" I walked closely behind him, giving him my hand for stability. I didn't want to leave him in case he hurt himself again.

"Of course. Thank you," I hummed in response, helping him into the Uber that I called.

A/N: The next chapter will be an epilogue of this story, meaning that it will be the last chapter of the storyline. I have had a lot of fun writing this story out and seeing it unwind! After the next chapter, this story will only be updated for certain holidays. (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc, etc)