Chapter 15

Why the hell did he not kiss me? Does he not love me anymore? We went on a date; I thought it was pretty successful.

I made sure to walk extra slowly to the door in case if he was planning on running up to kiss me, but there was still nothing. Who knew that I could go from feeling like the luckiest girl in the world to the unluckiest girl.

I stormed into my room and immediately pulled out my phone.

You: Why didn't you kiss me?

Luka: You wanted a kiss?

Alright, give me a minute.

You: What are you doing now?

Seconds later my doorbell rang and I didn't need to second guess who it was. When the door swung open, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek before taking a few steps back.

"Is that better my queen?" I giggled at the funny nickname he gave me and did a sloppy curtsey as a response.

"Much better. Pleasure doing business with you..." I tried to think of a nickname for him. "My royal highness..." It seemed strange but Luka chuckled at it. So I guess it was okay?

"I appreciate the fact that you came to fix your errors but you better get going before it's off with your head!"

I shut the door tightly and almost immediately wanted to see him again. I paced back into my room and flopped onto the bed to check my phone.

20 new messages

That's peculiar, I never get too many messages.

Lila: Is it true that you used to bully people? That's so mean! You seemed so nice?!

Ivan: I was told that you were a bully. That's so uncool! Why would you do that? Yoo

I slammed my phone onto my bed and felt a panic attack beginning to arise. I thought that they forgot, or that  I at least deleted the post before anything could happen???

As my head clouded with thoughts, my phone began to violently ring, causing all thoughts to burst out of existence.

"Hello?"

"I just got a message from an unknown number. They just shared your bullying stories with everyone that you are friends with. I am assuming that they got them all from Lila. But you told everyone right?" I smiled at Luka's voice, but my smile faded at the bad news.

"I told... A few people. Marinette, Kagami, Juleka, Rose, Adrien, Alya? After seeing the disappointment on Adrien's face though,  I didn't have the heart to tell Nathaniel though."

I heard a loud sigh on the other side of the phone before he spoke again, "Okay. Good. Tell Nathaniel now. It would've been better to tell him sooner, but now is better than never."

"Yeah, yeah," I quickly hung up the phone and typed up a small paragraph to send to him.

You (Draft): Hey Nathaniel... I need to tell you something. I have waited for way too long and it may even be too late. But I used to be a bully. And I'm so sorry. If you don't want to be friends I understand, but I can promise you that I have been trying to change. Can you forgive me?

(Send)

I paused as I went to hit send; was a text message the best way to tell him this? Before sending it, I resorted to calling him instead. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hey, Nathaniel. It's just me, Y/N. I just wanted to tell you that-"

"You're a bully."

"Let me explain- I am not a bully anymore! I am trying to change; I swear!"

"I appreciate the apology, but I cant accept it. So many of my friends got bullied and I feel like I am betraying them by even being acquaintances with a bully." He scolded me when he mentioned the word "bully," and despite me being ready to accept losing him as a friend, hearing him speak the words hit me in a way I wasn't expecting.

Before I even got the chance to try and find an excuse, I was left with the beeping sound of the call being ended. I was left speechless. I would have never thought that by being friends with Lila I would be ruining my life at the same time.

"Why can't I just erase my past..."