Author's Note

Let me just say. . . or should I say scream.

AFTER ALMOST FIVE FREAKING YEARS P*NYETA NATAPOS KO RIN TONG STORYANG TO HAHAHAHAHA

You know, I started this story when I was in 10th grade on December 25, 2015. Yes, on a Christmas day. And what do you know? I finished it on Christmas season, too, five years later, lmao.

This story has been through a lot, I mean, really. . . writer's block the main problem because I wrote this story on a whim. . . without any plans in the future. Woops. (That's why I haven't updated in a year and a half, even almost gotten to the point of discontinuing this story but my love for Tsukki forbid me to.)

This story is very special for me because if you had managed to read all 48 chapters + epilogue, you'll notice that my writing style has changed (lmao obviously, I wrote this for not just one, not two, not three, not four, but five freaking years!), and thank you for all of the support and for all of the grammatical and typo corrections, the dms and messages on my board. I'll get back to everything and edit the whole book somehow. Because omgs, I cringe every time I reread the first 30 chapters. . . but the last 18 chapters are more bearable, I guess?

Time for some trivia!

1. Mikazuki means moon of the third night (the crescent moon coming from the third day of the lunar month), and Kinomi means Berry. . . hence, Tsukki's nickname for her. (I'm so creative. . . not)

2. Tetsurou was also supposed to be a love interest but scratched the idea off because. . . what are you doing, stepbro? (I'M SORRY HELP)

3. Tooru was also supposed to be a love interest but I also scratched the idea off because I wrote an interconnected story about him before but I decided to unpublish it so that I can focus more on my other ongoing stories.

4. Noah was also supposed to be a love interest but I also scratched the idea off because it's cliché and I really hate love triangles. I know you do, too. Hahahaha

5. Tadashi and Yumiko were supposed to end up together but I scratched the idea off because it's also cliché. And I don't want it to look like Tadashi was a rebound and a second option. 

6. I planned to just end the story with Kinomi just leaving for Tokyo for an open ending. I also planned for them to fall out of love and drift apart from each other because of the distance. Like, they just grew together to be apart from each other. When I was 15, I didn't think about being in a serious relationship yet alone in a romantic relationship lmao so I couldn't really reach the potentials of high school romances properly. They're still too young to be in love seriously. Aral muna bago landi, 'kay?

7. I have a lot. . . as in a lot of deleted scenes that I've written down in my notepad and I'm so sad that I didn't put it to good use!

8. Iʼve read a lot of fanfics and stories where the tandems are Sweet and Salty. Iʼve thought. . . what if both of the protagonists are salty? Hence, Kinomiʼs salty personality. (Salty and Salty)

And also, if you guys want, I will write a few special chapters called "Unwritten". It is like, a prequel of Philophobia, where it focuses on Kinomi's life when her biological father and brother were still alive, and her love for Oikawa Tooru. So I guess, these special chapters are like a fanfic of Oikawa for the time being? (Tsukkiless, too) And also, "In Between" which will be in Yumiko's perspective that focuses on the events when Tsukki was heartbroken when Kinomi left him. Because I really feel like her story with Yamaguchi is still not justified lmao. Or maybe it's just me? You guys can tell me if I really should just shut up and leave this book as it is lol

Hey, thanks so much for reading this story! Although the genre is romance and angst, I really hope that this story still made you guys happy and put a smile on your face. 

And oh. . . I also have a fanfic of Tetsurou where the genre is a little bit different from this story. It is an erotic romance, so I hope you guys also give that story a try, too!

Cheers to the 2D boys that will never exist.

-- LynEmpress