Chapter 34

XXXIV.

Yamamoto Taketora was running away from something... or rather from someone. He couldn't believe that the rumor of the daydreaming ghost of Sadako that has been long history and solved was true after all!

He was mistaken before. He mistook poor Kenma to be the daydreaming ghost not too long ago. As a result, Kenma dyed his hair blonde in order to not stand out.

Or maybe it was a new different ghost that haunted the clubrooms this time?

He shook his head. It was dark inside the clubroom, but he was sure that it was a girl because her face was covered by her long, straight hair!

"Senpais!" Taketora cried out to his teammates who were on their way to the clubroom.

"Yamamoto, shut up. Don't shout in the hallways." Tetsurou scolded.

"Hey," Kai greeted, "You look pale. Is something the matter?"

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Morisuke said.

"She's back..." Taketora muttered, which made the third years furrow their eyebrows in confusion. "The daydreaming ghost! She's back! Sadako's back!"

"Eh? I thought that she's only a rumor?" Morisuke reacted, "And I thought that we've already cleared that confusion?"

"Kenma even dyed his hair in order to not stand out." Kai added, his eyes shifting back to Tetsurou.

"But I really saw her this time! Her whole face was covered by her long ass hair!"

"Are you really sure about that?" Tetsurou asked.

"I really swear! The gaming noises are not there so I'm sure it's not Kenma this time!"

Tetsurou sighed. "Well, fine. We're on our way to the clubroom anyway so let's all see for sure."

And so they marched their way to the clubrooms. Taketora's bravery increased now that his senpais are at his aid. Tetsurou was the one who opened the door. They were greeted by the dim room only with the curtain now closed, which made Taketora panic. He had already opened the curtains earlier! Did Sadako close it herself?

Someone groaned, which made them freeze right on the spot. Then in the corner lies a female figure sitting against the wall, and indeed, her face was covered by her long, straight hair. Taketora was about to pee his pants when Morisuke decided to flick the switch on the wall, and they gasped at the sight of the girl.

"B-behind that long brown hair... huh, Sadako has brown hair?" Taketora was more confused than afraid. The rumors said that the daydreaming ghost had dark hair.

Tetsurou then let out a hysterical laugh. "You idiot! That's Kinomi-chan!"

Morisuke and Kai heaved out a relieved sigh, then smiled with a shake of their head.

"See, Yamamoto? The daydreaming ghost is long history." Kai said with his gentle smile.

"This is the last time, okay?" Morisuke chuckled.

"MI-KA-ZU-KI!" Yamamoto called out, and Kinomi stirred from her sleep.

"Oh, my God, Yamamoto-san... did you swallow a megaphone? You're too loud, my ears are bleeding." Kinomi complained, putting her hair aside to reveal her groggy face.

"Does that matter?! More importantly, why are you sleeping here in the clubroom? And... why did you cover your face with your hair?"

"Why can't I? I'm also technically a member of your team, right?" Kinomi retorted, irritated that her slumber has been disturbed. "You opened the curtains and you didn't even shut it when you left. So I covered my face so it'll not be too bright."