Chapter 10

X.

I walked through the open spaces of Aoba Johsai High whilst holding a brown folder in my arms; the smile crept upon my lips and heart thumping loud in my ribcage in indescribable anticipation. I darted my head to different directions, taking in the admiring the view of the prestigious school.

This place is so huge! You can really tell when a school is devoted to its athletics. I'd also heard that the volleyball team is really strong! I'm really looking forward to attending here.

I adjusted the light yellow muffler around my neck when the wind blew, my skirt and hair following the motion. It felt kind of nice when the wind caressed my face.

"Kinomi-chan, look!" I heard Aoi's excited voice beside me, pointing her finger at a group of girls laughing amiably at their conversation, gesturing towards their standard uniform. "I'd love to wear that uniform now..." She sighed dreamily.

I nodded in agreement, returning the excitement surging from her. "Yeah, me too. I just wish we could already take the entrance exam already."

Aoi raised an eyebrow, smiling slyly. "You're pretty confident, aren't you?" She asked which resulted me in letting out a giggle in amusement.

We walked through the endless hallways, passing by various students who gave us temporary outsiders a strange look. And we ended up getting lost on the way.

"Excuse me, are you girls somehow going to turn over applications?" A guy politely asked as he seemed to find us troubled.

"Yes," Aoi answered quickly, stepping in front of me. Well, I can't blame her, though. He is kind of cute.

"Oh, I see. It's over there..." I didn't bother to listen to the guy when my eyes caught a rather beautiful black-haired girl running, wearing the Seijoh jacket and carrying plastic bags of necessities. I assume that she's the manager. She took the opposite direction of the path we were taking.

"Um, excuse me. Is there some kind of practice match going on with the volleyball team?" I asked the guy, cutting him off with giving the instructions to Aoi. She gave me a flat look, a sign that I disturbed something.

"Yes, I think it's against Torino or something."

"I think you meant by Karasuno." I corrected. Most school often mistake for they have the similar kanji.

"Oh yeah, that." He scratched the back of his head which Aoi find adorable. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Let's watch the match first, Aoi." I suggested to which rewarded me a frown from her.

"But what about our application?"

"We can submit it anytime we want." I pointed out, grinning. "This match is something we shouldn't miss." As if she got my point, Aoi smirked.

She shook her head then waved her hands in the air as a gesture of surrender. "Alright. Just a peek, okay?"

"I'm going to say hi, too." I giggled as I turned my attention to the male, who was only listening to us attentively with a small smile on his face. "I'm sorry for being rude, um... but what's your name?"

He shook his head. "It's alright. My name is Shibata Jiro."

"Ah, nice-"

"Hello, Shibata-kun! I'm Haruno Aino! You can call me Aoi!" Aoi, once again, cut me off and without permission, grabbed on to Shibata-kun's hand for a handshake.