Chapter 24

XXIV.

"Kinomi-chan," I heard a smooth voice called out my name which made me stir up in my sleep. His voice was accompanied with a violent shake on my shoulder, making me groan and then I turned to the other side, giving my back toward the intruder in my room. "wake up, sleepyhead. We'll be late for school." he continued to talk.

I moaned. "Ugh, how the hell did you entered my room, Tetsurou...?" I whined as I cover my face with a thick blanket. I'm sure I have locked my door last night and I even double checked it.

"I have a spare key to your room, silly." He chuckled, then I felt some weight on the edge of my bed. "Aren't you excited on your first day in Nekoma?"

"No," I stated firmly.

"Did you stay up late again, Kinomi-chan?"

I ignored my nosy stepbrother then focused on falling asleep again. But then the bastard poked me on my side, causing me to flinch.

"GAH!" I yelped and my body immediately sat up to give him a menacing glare. "Do you wanna die?!"

"I'll leave you." He tried to scare me but unfortunately he has to do better threatening than that.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Is that supposed to be scary?"

He shook his head in defeat. "Come on, get up and prep. We'll get late."

"Make me."

Tetsurou closed his eyes, massaged the bridge of his nose as he sighed exasperatedly. "You don't want to do this the hard way." he opened his eyes and looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What are you going to--" Before I could finish my sentence, the bastard tackled me and put me on his shoulder like I was a sack of potatoes. "Kuroo fucking Tetsurou! I swear to God I will chop off your balls if you don't put me down this instant!" I screamed and resisted as he walked out of my room, walking on the way to the bathroom. I punched his hard back but he didn't even budge. He just laughed in amusement.

He led me to the bathroom and put me down on the cold tiled floor, just above the shower head. Before I could even move a muscle to curse at him, he turned on the shower, drenching me.

"I don't mind doing this everyday, though." He shrugged with a smile as he fixed the wrinkles off his school uniform.

"I fucking hate you." I grunted, getting up. "Get out."

"Why?" He asked teasingly.

I gave him an 'I'll kill you' look. He burst out laughing before offering his arms up as a sign of surrender. "Okay, okay. Calm down."

I rolled my eyes before slamming the door shut, with a little force than necessary to show him I'm pissed off. I took a deep sigh to calm my nerves as I stripped off my clothes and started taking a bath.

"Hmm, not bad." I mumbled to myself just as I took a look at myself in the full body mirror. This was my first time wearing a sailor type uniform, I was used to Karasuno's uniform which was more of a catholic style.

"You look like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Kinomi." Mom commented as we ate breakfast as one family. The statement made Tetsurou let out a snicker but he concealed it with a bite off his toast.

"I'm still... well, trying to adjust..." I explained nonchalantly. That explained why Tetsurou had a hard time earlier waking me up. I'm usually not like this. I'm just not used to sleeping to other houses because I'm not comfortable knowing that I'm at a different house, a different city to be specific. I just moved here in Tokyo a few days ago and here I was, going to a school where the bastard beside me just goes to.