Chapter 2

II.

I sighed in exasperation just as I saw the money inside my bank account. What my mother is still not aware of is where I use her money for.

"She's so stubborn," I mumbled to myself as I stared at the numbers - not just any numbers but it contained hundred thousands of yen inside my account.

Mother said that I don't have the need to work at my aunt's cafe, saying that she could be my provider. But my father taught me otherwise, that if you want something, you'll have to work hard to achieve it. Because gaining something out of hard work is the best feeling. It makes you feel independent, confident and it gives you the urge to strive for more and harder.

And my mother didn't want that but who was she to order me around anyway?

I sighed then withdrew almost all and placed them inside an envelope. I do loathe my mother yet letting her money rot would've been a waste, I could just donate it to charity though, like I always did.

As I walked on my way to the cafe to take my morning shift, my feet halted the moment I remembered that I forgot about my English work sheet that's due on Monday. I clicked my tongue in annoyance, of all subjects, why did I chose to forget about a major one?

I wonder if school is open on weekends?

I smirked at the inane question. Of course. After all, I used to come at school even at weekends, like all the time.

I turned on my heels and marked a different destination, which was Karasuno High School.

Who would've thought that that tall blonde fellow is a student at Karasuno? I'm used to just seeing him whenever he wanted to stop by at Moonlight Cafe. And now, he wasn't just my regular customer but also a classmate.

Going to school on a weekend? I wouldn't have to bother myself coming if I hadn't forgot about my assignment.

I heaved a deep sigh of relief just as I saw my English work sheet exactly where I have left it on my desk. I quickly walked down the hallway to exit the place when I heard the familiar sound of ball hitting the wall and squeaking of shoes making contact with the floor.

"You have to lower your hips slightly, Mika-chan."

"Impressive, Mika-chan! You're suitable as a libero!"

"You're perfect."

"I'm far from perfect,"

"To me, you are perfect."

Again. It's coming back again. His figure, his smile, everything was coming back again.

My lips curled up in a smile - a painful one though. Then I slowly moved my feet towards the source of the sound. And behind the net on the ingress that serves as the curtain, my mouth went ajar as I stared at the scene with awe.

"MIKAZUKI-SAN!" A panicked voice called out and just in time, I saw a ball that was coming towards me. My instincts took over and I immediately made a stance to receive it, returning it to the wing spiker who caught it in his hands.

"Woah, amazing..." A middle schooler breathed out. I sighed, I just came to take a quick peek, not to gain any attention from the members.

"The ball came to her in a fast pace yet she received it flawlessly and returned it to Asahi-san... what incredible ball control she has..." The raven haired setter muttered in complete bewilderment. I took the time to look at my slight reddish arm then back to my work sheet, that was slightly crumpled.

I was about to turn on my heels to leave the area when a voice stopped me.

"Mikazuki-san!" Yamaguchi ran to me which arrested my actions. I turned my gaze at him and right then, the team's attention were on mine as well.