Chapter 17

Wren's POV

"Wren, you awake?" I heard mom ask behind the door 'i wasn't but now I am' I groaned when I rolled over and slept on my injured hand, I said come in and she entered with dad behind her "morning how are you feeling?" Mom asked sitting on the edge of the bed while dad stayed standing in his black suit while mom is wearing a grey pants suit.

They are used to seeing me with bruises but getting into gun shots battles, I have never experienced that until Liam. I know how to use a gun and all but I have never been chased by people with guns "better"

"Good, you scared us I am still wondering what they wanted but let us leave that to the police" dad said patting my shoulder and I just nodded, I really need some sleep after along evening I had yesterday.

"You can stay in today" mom said like I was going to school after being attacked by three armed men "we can't stay but call us if you need anything kay"

"Yeah thanks" she's stood up and walked out but dad looked back before he could leave my room.

"Remember you have to go to the station" I nodded with my eyes have closed "have a nice day" 'no I will have a resting day' he walked out and I covered my head and I soon heard my siblings arguing saying that they want to see me, I was glad when mom told them I am tired and that they should let me rest.

I covered my eyes and soon sleep took over. I woke up again at 11:00 a.m., took a shower, had breakfast then drove to the station. I made a statement and when I was done I drove back home, spent my whole day in bed watching kickboxing matches. Owen called me at around 4:00 p.m. in the evening asking how I am doing then we made plans to start training at my place until the gym is finished with being renovated, we can't wait for it to be done because we don't know when it will be and I have a match to prepare for.

It made me think about why those guys want Liam dead, they were the same guys that I found beating him up weeks ago. Is that why he was so desperate to learn kickboxing so that he can protect himself 'I think he needs to learn how to shoot too since those guys look willing to shoot him' but how did they know he was there at that time, are they following him. I wonder what he- I was cut short from my question when I had the double ring.

I paused my game then made my way down the stairs, opening the door I was surprised to see Liam what is he doing here? He looks as gorgeous as ever in his jeans and green hoodie. He looks nervous like always no surprise there, his hands are visibly shaking and I decided not to make him  uncomfortable like he said. I gave him a friendly smile "come in" I said making way for him to get in.

I walked past him, into the kitchen and he followed "how are you feeling?" I asked

"Good and you?"

"Good, drink" he nodded and said water, I got a glass poured him some water before handing it to him "so what brings you here Liam?" He gulped his entire glass of water showing his nervousness and I almost chuckled, it was a simple question but that way he is flustered right now makes me wonder why just a simple question would make him like that. Why is he  always nervous like this I don't think I do anything to make him nervous right? And if I do I don't think I do it intentionally.

"Um...I wanted to say thank you for saving me...again how are you feeling?" I nodded putting my elbows on the counter observing him, he is an open book but also a closed one at the same time and it keeps me interested.

"It's alright" I replied with a smile, I don't want to make him nervous but it makes me smile when he is, the way he darts his eyes around not looking me in the eye makes him cute and that way he fidgets with his hands pulling on them as if he wants to disappear makes me wonder what he feels when he is with me to be like that "why are you always nervous around me Liam?"