chapter 5

Liam's POV

My weekend was bad, I had to get up and drive to the freak's house to take back his car on Sunday and he said 'your late' before he checked if the damages are all fixed then climbed inside driving off, leaving me there looking like a fool.

I had to call Oliver to pick me up and to say I hate the freak would be an understatement, I know am not friends with him and I wasn't the kindest to him either but that was just mean. I was sick when I took his car back but he just left me there like Ugh I groaned internally.

Am in the car now with Declan, he picked me up from home because am still not feeling good enough to drive my car but I couldn't stay home one day. It is so boring but I will miss the cuddling I had with mom, it was the only fan part this entire weekend.

Declan looks like shit too and I know the he went to a party last night yet he knew today was school day "we both look like shit" I commented and he gave me a cheeky smile

"Yep but at least we have the opportunity to miss practice today and go party" I chuckled at my friend while shaking my head. He is still hangover but he is thinking about going to another party

"Am not going to any party" I usually never like parties so much and I go once in a while but not so much. He nodded and focused on parking the car. After parking we both got out, my so dear girlfriend came and kissed me "morning beautiful" I greeted kissing her again as I heard Declan groan next to me "jealous"

"Nah, I don't like being stuck" he said before walking away from us, Jessica laughed as she watched him walk away. She looked back at me and her face turned worried

"How are you feeling now?" She has been my girlfriend for two weeks now but we have been seeing each other for 2 months. She is beautiful and gorgeous with her brown hazel eyes and black hair. I wasn't ready to date yet but she transferred to this school 4 months ago and she stole my heart.

The moment I saw her in my history class "am not at my best but am feeling better now" she nodded holding my hand as we made our way into the school. I walked with her to her locker, she got her staff she needed then I walked her to her first class that we didn't share together "see you at lunch"

"Okay but I might not stay long, I have to ask my chemistry teacher some questions" I nodded leaning in for a goodbye kiss before making my way to my locker. My girlfriend takes her studies seriously and I understand that but at least she knows what she wants not like me.

Dad wants me to take over the company and I said yes because there is nothing that I have passion in at all, I don't even love football. It is just a sport am good at but I don't want to take it anywhere. I reached my locker and got my books but before I could leave the freak passed me while so engrossed in his phone that he isn't even noticing the looks he is getting from everyone with me included.

He is wearing a blue sweater that he has folded to reach his elbows with faded blues jeans. I have noticed something about him, he likes blue. His wounds on the face are still visible but they are disappearing just like mine, his hair is messy and it looks like he has been passing his fingers through it, I groaned looking away from him.

I walked to my first class and I prepared myself for a boring day. When my first class was over I walked into the second one which is history and I noticed I have this class with the freak, I sat next to Benji one of the my football team mates. I said 'hi' to Benji before I looked over to the girl sitting beside me "hi" she looked at me and smiled replying with a shy 'hi'

She might be asking herself why am talking to her because I never talk to people that are not in my group of friends unless I need something from you like right now "do you by any chance know his name" I asked pointing at the freak who is sitting on a desk near the window.

"That is Wren Brown" I nodded my head as I thanked the girl  before looking back at Wren 'what does his name mean' I pulled out my phone and went to google. I typed his name in and it means 'a small winged songbird' I laughed out loud the moment I read that.

"What are you laughing about" Benji asked and I shook my head no while everyone looked in my direction except for Wren. The teacher entered and started teaching but my eyes are locked on the back of Wren's head until I heard the bell go off.

The day went on like that until classes were done for the day. I stood in the parking lot as I waited for Declan to come drive me home "hey, I will go with Benji take my car" Declan handed me his keys

"What happened?"

"Coach has refused to let me go" I nodded taking the keys from him. I didn't want to tell him that I will wait for him because waiting for two hours of practice seems like a lot when all I need is to go home and rest "see you" he said running away as I groaned 'now I have to drive myself when am still hurting'

I got into the car and drove off when I noticed a blue range rover in front of me going as if he is on time, making me wonder what he has to do at this time after school. I don't know which part of my brain said that it was a good idea to follow him but I did, I followed him at a safe distance when my phone rang.

I looked at it and it is Jessica 'i will call her later' I let it ring and when I saw Wren's car park outside of a kick boxing gym called Brown 'isn't that his name' I parked in the parking lot too and I watched him go in with a duffle bag.

I waited for like thirty minutes just waiting and truthfully I don't know what am waiting for so I decided to go in, I unfastened my seat belt before making my way to the door "you can do this" I breathed in heavily before going inside and I found like so many people training before seeing Wren training on his own at the end of the gym and I don't know what got over me but I moved to him.

"Hi"