chapter 12

Liam's POV

My sunday was not fun at all because I couldn't go to any party, Wren trained me for five fuckin hours and when I went home I couldn't do much except to sleep. My legs hurt because he tied my leg up, making me stand on only one leg then he started telling me to kick the dummy for an hour before my leg could get down.

I'm not going to say it but yeah that place hurts and he just laughed when I fell down feeling like I couldn't stand. At one point with my leg up I wanted to actually give up but then I remembered that his goal was to make me quit, then I remember my mom's face when I told her I'm training for self defense and I couldn't give up only to be forced to get a bodyguard.

And Wren would only win, I will give anything to not let him win. Right now I'm in my first class thinking about everything, how I'm going to manage to train football and train with Wren. I told Wren yesterday that I won't to be able to train with him today and he said "I'm the one that decides your day off so I will see you tomorrow after your practice" he is such an asshole.

I have spent an entire week without going to practice, I'm the captain so I have to be there and I  can't miss this week. 'I guess I would have to miss football practice today too' I love football but I love my life and I'm not taking football anyway, I'm just having fun and that's it.

The bell rung and I stood up slinging my bag on my shoulder before getting out of the classroom with Declan next to me "I guess I'll see you at lunch" I nodded and he ran off to his next class. I walked to my locker and picked out my books before making my way to my next class.

"Liam" I stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked back when I saw coach making his way towards me. I greeted him but he ignored me "I need you at practice today"

"Coach I can't i-"

"I don't care and if you don't come I'll pull you by your ears" he walked away before I could argue, I groaned while making my way to my next class 'why is everything so against to me today' I entered my history class, sitting next to Benji and Oliver who are chatting about things that I don't care enough to know about.

"Hey man" Benji greeted and I replied with hey "what's up with you nowadays?"

"Nothing I'm just always exhausted" my phone beeped and I took it out of my pocket, opening the text and it's from my girlfriend "my parents are not home will you meet me after football practice"  I felt excited after reading the message and I looked in front of the class, seeing Jessica look at me while bitting her bottom lip.

Damn now this is all fucked up for real, bad I can't miss practice and I definitely can't miss training with Wren maybe when I talk to him he can cancel "I have some where I have to be but let me talk to him and see if he can cancel"

She mouthed an okay with a wink 'but now the question is will Wren accept' I really can't have two hours of football practice and then 4 to 5 hours of self-defense training because that will definitely kill me even before Mr. Z can.

When it reached lunch I looked for Wren around the whole school and let me tell you, that guy is hard to find. I found him in a tree on his phone 'no surprise there' "hey" I said and he looked up at me. He removed his headsets giving me a look that says I have just disturbed him from a very important thing.

"What do you want Liam?" He asked looking back to his phone as if am not worth of his time and he just wants me to go or disappear.

"I..." He stood up and I took a step back, he makes me really really nervous and I don't even know why but the way he is looking at me is making my heart pound, my hands are sweating "I can't make it to training" I said in one go not wanting to stutter and embarrass myself even more.

He smiled "where are you going to be?" That smile is like he is seeing something I am not seeing

"I have football practice"

"No Liam we talked about this" he said in a stun voice "am going to ask again where are you going to be"

"I...umm" he came close to me with his piercing hazel eyes daring me to lie to him and I did "I have to help my mom with something"

"Can I tell you something Liam" I nodded hesitantly "you're not a good liar, now I will ask you one last time what are you going to do?"

"Okay, I have to meet my girlfriend"

"Good, we are getting somewhere, now I will see you at the gym at exactly 6:30" he said picking up his bag

"But I can't-"

"And don't be late" he walked away from me 'asshole' I cursed pulling out my phone and cancelling my appointment with my girlfriend, am hating how my stomach twists when he is around, how nervous I get and how my heart pounds when he looks at me as if he is seeing through me.

I groaned going to my next class because now I won't have time for lunch because of how long I have taken just by looking for Wren and I didn't even get what I was asking for. My classes went by in a blur and then it was time for football, I walked into the locker room, changed my clothes and walked out. That is when I noticed that I don't have a problem with guys being naked around me but why do I get flustered when Wren is naked.

I put that thought aside and focused on practice. After practice was over I ran back to the locker room without showering and I changed clothes "hey Liam, can we go out this evening" Declan asked but I am in a hurry, it is already 6:25 and am already running late.

"I can't, I have somewhere to be" I ran out of the locker rooms to my car. I drove like crazy until I reached the gym at 6:40 which is late because he wanted me to be here at 6:30 "shit he is going to flip"