Chapter 39

Liam's POV

I tried sleeping in detention but that didn't work out well, I couldn't sleep no matter how much I wanted to and in only a few minutes Wren walked into detention looking at his phone that I don't think he noticed me. I put my head back down pretending to be asleep so that I won't be able to talk to him because I know all he has to do is call me baby and I will forget everything.

I got my head and glanced at him, he is sitting a few chairs away from me still on his phone and the teacher that is supposed to be watching us is also engrossed in his phone. I waited for detention to be over before walking out without looking back, I looked at the time and it is almost about 7. I walked into the parking lot but before I could enter the car Wren pulled my hand pulling me towards his car "Wren I can't leave my dad's car here"

"What is your problem?" He asked still pulling me to his car. He put me into the passenger seat and then walked to the driver's side, he got in and I looked out the window as he drove away from school. He didn't drive that far before he parked the car on the side of the road "tell me what is wrong?"

"Nothing why would something be wrong?"

"Your acting weird today"

"I had a hangover sorry"

"Are you sure?" I nodded and when he leaned in for a kiss I didn't allow him to deepen it and even though it was hard to stop myself I did pull back "What is wrong now?"

"How was your day with Lily?" He examined my face, I look into the eyes that I want to look at me with so much desire, the lips I want to be mine so bad. I cleared my throat and tried to pull away from his hold that was pulling me into hypnosis but he held me firmly and kept looking into my eyes.

"It was good, it has been long since we have seen each other" he explained but his eyes never left my face "Why are you avoiding my question?"

"An not avoiding the question I just have to be somewhere" I lied and the look he gave me made me know he knows I am lying. I don't know how he always knows that I am lying yet he never sees how much I am hurting because of this, how much I love him. It feels like he only gets what he wants to get instead of looking at me, it is written on my face how much I fuckin love him 'why can't he fuckin read that'

"You know I know you're lying" Exactly, you can know that am lying but can't read my face. Sometimes I think he is either damn or just acts ignorant to the truth that sits right in his face "can we jus-" his phone started ringing cutting him off. He pulled it out of the pockets and a smile tugged on his lips while picking up "Hello...Lily' My face blanched of color when I heard her name "Yeah we should do it again...tonight, okay let me first...yeah I will see you then, bye...okay bye" he hung up looking back at me "Hey baby, why are you crying?"

"Don't call me that" I said wiping my tears that have escaped my eyes "I need to go back home take me home"

"I can't when your clearly not fine" Wren moved close to me but I pulled back "Let us talk, tell me what is wrong?" I opened the door getting out of the car "Liam..." He called and I heard him close the door, I kept walking but he came taking my hand but I pulled it back.

"Don't touch me" I snapped stepping away from "Go back to Lily, you made plans tonight go back to her"

"This is about Lily"

"Of course it is about her, you told me you liked but then you kiss her right in front of me like I am invisible" I cried remembering the kiss they gave each other "Whey did you say that you like me then go and kiss other people"

"We had rules" Wren asked with confusion written all over his face "We weren't meant to kiss other people" he was talking more to himself than me

"Of course not you asshole" I yelled feeling angry "You told me you liked me"

"Yeah like I enjoy your company our sex time, isn't that what we were talking about" I gaped at him and he might have read my expression because his eyes widened "Wait you meant like, like, like me"

"Yes that is what I meant"

"Liam we both knew from the start that this wasn't going anywhere" I cried feeling my heart break from his words "Come on Liam this was just for fun and I enjoy what we have, don't make it complicated"

"Am not making this complicated you should have said that from the start"

"I did, I told you we were having fun"

"You would have specified that" I said in anger and I pushed him back "Instead of making me for fall you like an idiot"

"Woah, What? You fell for me?" Wren asked as if this was news to his ears

"Of course I fell for you, what did you expect from all of this?"

"Let me get this clear, you're in love with me" Wren asked as if trying to wrap his head around it "that is stupid Liam, you can't be in love with me when you know I don't date or commit, I have told you this a million times"

"You call falling in love stupid" I wiped my tears "Okay" I controlled myself from falling down in tears "I fell in love with you but since you don't feel anything the fun stops now, I don't want to see you again"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa" Wren said in panic walking towards me "Why should this end, we can still have fun" My anger was on another level that I punched him straight in the jaw, he took a step back but didn't fall.

"You want to have fun on my feelings" I asked clenching and unclenching my fists "I can't believe I fell for you"

"I didn't tell you to"

"Yes you didn't but I am not going to stand here and keep hurting because of you, go back to Lily" I wanted to walk away but it was like my legs were stuck on the floor as tears streamed down my face. I felt my throat dry and I felt my legs cold as my mind registered that I won't be in his arms again.

I won't be able to hear his voice, feel his touch, talk to him again and I don't think I can live without him. I cried taking steps away from me when he tried coming towards me. I was about to walk away when a van stopped right in front of us.

We didn't get time to react when men with guns walked out pointing guns at us. They are all wearing masks and gloves, there is no part of their body left uncovered "Try something and we shoot" one of them said and I raised my hands up in surrender. Dad told me in the morning that he took care of the 'Mr. Z problem' now why are they here.

I glanced at Wren who is already looking at me with his hands up, I looked away from him because just a look at him makes me feel like I am the saddest person in the world. Two guys walked towards us and they cuffed both our hands behind our back before covering our faces with black clothes.

'this day is shitty'