He chuckled. "Since the gastion clerk's father owns this place and many others."

I gawked, is that why he looked so out of place? "Pardon?"

He rolled his eyes, clearly seeing how slow my brain functioned in the morning. "We cam get to the deets later, right now, I need you to put on more coffe, roll out some cinnamon rolls, amd then put out fresh scones." I cocked a brow and he shrugged. "Breakfast hours in the cafe."

"Um, okay?" I'd turned to leave.

"Oh! And," he tossed me a hat. "Wear this. Let's them know you work here."

"But, I thought I was an assiant?"

"Yeah, you are. But, you work for me. And right now, I need you to work."

"Um, okay then, I guess I'll get to it then."

He stood with a secret smile on his face, as if he knew something I didn't. Nervouly, I cleared my throat and made my way towards the giant, intimidating coffe machine.

There were so many buttons and numbers, I didn't even know where to begin or what to press. What if I pressed the wrong button and ruined the whole thing. This was also my first day, did I really want to ruin it less then five minutes after I got here?

"Um...do you need help?" I saw him out of the corner of my eye smirking.

"What makes you say that?" I squeaked.

He chuckled and moved me to the side. "First," he started. "Make sure it's turned off. Then...all you need to do is flip this open, back down...and then press here, make sure the light is on, and then you're done."

I blinked. "Um, okay thanks-" I realized I didn't even know my employer's name. "Uh, I don't think I ever caught your name."

He smirked. "Riley. Riley Tanner."

I smiled. It was cute and fit his face. "Yeah, thanks...Riley."

He nodded. "Now get back to work." He said with a grin.

******

"Hey blondie!" Riley called from across the floor. "You can go on break now."

I felt my eyes roll as I dusted my hands off, sliding my hat off in the process. "I told you, my name's Tabitha." I followed towards the back where the break room was. Turned out, it was a lot bigger back here then I'd orginally thought.

"Yeah I know, I just think blondie fits better." He opned a fridge and handed me a Coke.

"Well, most girls named blondie are dumb, and I'm not dumb."

"How do I know?" He cocked a brow, a smug look on his face.

I mimcked his same expression. "You're right, you don't. Which means you just can't assume."

He sat back in his chair, crossing his arms. I had to remind my self to not look too long. I was already taken by one guy, and pregnant by another, I was sure he didn't want my bagage.

"Touche." He smirked.

I cocked a brow. "What's that face?"

He continued to stare at me before breaking into a lopsided grin. "You sound smart for a blonde."

I rolled my eyes and chucked a chip at him. "Whatever."

He laughed. "So, why'd you apply for this job anyway? What's a girl like you doing here?"

"Girl like me?"

He shtugged. "You don't have the feel of an average Joe. I sense...money?"

I cocked a brow. "You assume that because I might have money that I don't need a job?"