Content

Stop being a baby Tabitha, just do it. You've known this kid all of your life.

I tried to give myself a peptalk as I debated on wether or not I should go and talk to him. Truth be told, I missed him, and I hated when we were upset with each other. I took a deep breath as I sent him a quick text.

Can u come over?

My fingers drummed against my desk as I waited. Ergh! This was so nerve racking, I hated apologizing, but Riley was right, this was the father of my kid, and what I'd said had been uncalled for.

To anxious to sit still, I occupied my growing stomach in the mirror. If I had my shirt pulled up, it was visibly noticable. Josh's days of touching me were over. I wasn't exactly sure how and even if I was going to tell him. I examined the bracelet he had given me. It really was beautiful, and it was his claim on me. Soon, I would lose both.

My phone vibrated moment later, sending me across the room in a hurry.

What for?

My heart raced away in my chest. Why did I want him to come over? To talk, to apologize, to see his face?

To talk?

His next text came quicker then the one before.

Sorry I can't. Busy.

I read the same words over and over again, coming to the conclusion that he was in no mood to talk to me.

******

CALEB'S POV

I read her text a few times. Was she finally reaching out to me? These last couple of days had been torture without her. Leaving where we left off had kept me up at night. God she was driving me mad. I swear, one day that girl will be the death of me.

I was hurting from what she'd said that day. Was that honestly what she thought of me? That I was too scared to be there for her? Did she honestly not want me there? My heart told me that what she said wasn't true. But, that look she had i her eyes...I had no choice but to believe it.

Of course I was going to be there for my kid, no matter where Tabitha and I stood. I sighed and replied back to her. She answered me back quickly.

"Caleb man, get to work." Calvin came by and patted me on the back.

I sighed and replied back to her. Stuffing my phone back in my pocket, I made my way towards a girl with long blonde hair and was all but undressing me with her eyes.

"Hiy!" I chirped. "Need help finding anything?"

******

TABITHA'S POV

"Oh come on, you so just cheated!" Josh whined as I beat him at some stupid game on his Xbox.

"Because I beat you again, I cheated?"

He stuck his tongue out like a three year old. "Hell yeah you did!"

I laughed. "Whatever, you're just a sore loser."

He rolled his eyes and pulled me back against him. I leaned my head against his chest and took in his familiar scent. He rested his chin on my head.

"Wanna watch a movie."

I nodded. "What do you have?"

"Whatever's avaliable on Netflix."

I snorted. "Okay, but don't chose something boring on purpose." !

He chuckled. Pointless movies usually led to us having sex, which just wasn't going to happen now.

"Alright, I promise. This is strictly a cuddle night." He kissed my head.

"Good, but not a long one, we have school in the morning."

He groaned. "Thanks for reminding me." I laughed as I snuggled closer to him. He laced his hands in mine, making himself comfortable in the den of his house. I sighed in content. This was simple and sweet, and it was something I could handle right now.

"Call me when you get home?" Josh pulled me towards him and kissed me on the nose.

"Promise." I nodded. Walked me to my car before seeing me off. I caught his shivering figure in my rearview mirrior. The love I had for Josh, ugh, it was just so right, like a fresh breeze through a meadow. And to think that I was going to lose it...it was like a tornado ripping through that same meadow.

When I got back to my house my dad was already gone for work. I was surprised to find Caleb and Andrew asleep on the couch. Caleb had his arms wrapped around him protectively while a sleeping Andrew was sprawled across his lap. I smiled sadly, that had to be about the cutest thing.

I tried to retrieve the remote to cut the TV off without waking them, but Caleb's eyes fluttered open slowly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I said quietly.

He shook his head, craddling Andrew to his chest as he stood up. "It's fine."

"Here, I'll take him." Andrew fussed a littlebefore falling back to sleep. I walked himdown thehall to his bedroom, laying him down in his crib gently. For the life of me, I couldn'tunderstand why my dad insisted on keeping a three year old in a crib. Now that I thought about, buying a new one wasn't even necassary. More likely then so, my dad was going to object to sending the new one back.

When I went back in the livingroom, Caleb was sitting on the couch playing with his hands. I stood there for a second or two, trying to decide if I should sit next to him or not.

"I'm going to bed." I said quietly. I watched him nod before turning towards my own room.

Ugh! I was the one who was a coward, not him. I put my pajamas on and climbed into bed, not bothering to cut the light, or the TV on.

I was laying therein silence, my brain quiet, and my room still, when a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer to his warm body. I sighed in content into my blanket.

"I'm sorry Caleb." I whispered in the darkness.

"I know Tab, I am too." He answered back.

I turned and burried my face in his chest. And like that, I fell asleep quietly in the confines of his arms.