She sounded incredulous and that made us laugh even more.

"Oh, come on, Adam, o wrong now, how can you refer to my cousin as a 6 year old. That's a huge insult to the actual 6 year olds." Gabriella said in between laughter and she moved completely away from Sophia who raised her hand to smack her but missed narrowly.

"Alex," Sophia started to say and what surprised was how meek and coy she sounded. Even Alex seemed surprised because he swallowed, I noticed that from the way his Adam apple bubbled up and down and he pulled at the collar of his turtleneck. "Can you believe these two, isn't that a direct insult to my..."

"Well, you can't blame them, they were just saying the tru..."

"Get out!" Sophia shrieked, cutting him off and cutting off our laughter. "All of you should get out, everyone except baby Kay, we're enough to have the biggest blast."

Definitely not my Baby Kay, I'll definitely sleep off.

And wait, did I just refer to myself as Baby Kay? Really?

"Well, she is leaving if I should leave so..."

"Shut up Adam, must you always flaunt the fact that she likes you more than she likes me and you're just being delusional, even Baby Kay can't say that?, right, baby Kay?"

She turned to look at me, more like turned to do puppy eyes at me and I could only stare at her in surprise, wondering how possible it was for her to switch like that. Looking at her now, she looked nothing like the girl from 15 minute ago, she looked nothing like the girl whose life was falling apart, now, she just looked like a happy girl, she looked like Sophia Williams.

Was that even possible for a normal human? That kind of switch? Even people with dissociation can't switch like that.

"I'm not mad, if that's what you're thinking." Her voice jolted me out of my reverie and she was looking at me, a small, almost petulant smile on her lips.

This Girl Is Not Normal!!

"Well, we both know that you act like you're mad sometimes but that's not even the conversation for today, just make a wish and cut this cake."

The girl in question looked away from me to Gab who was now lighting the candles on the cake.

"Make a what?" She repeated dumbly. "Why would I make one? Why are you guys treating me like a child? I'm not a child!!"

"You're a child and besides, it's a birthday tradition, just make a wish and let's get this done with."

"You know the only wish I'd make can't happen, let me just blow out the candles and eat the cake."

Then without waiting for Gab's reply, she started to cut the cake but the former slapped her hand off and that made Sophia to look up at her.

"Just make the wish, be optimistic, who knows? A miracle might actually happen."

Sophia actually scoffed, the corners of her lips twitching up before she closed her eyes and made a wish we couldn't hear. Knowing Sophia, she might have faked it, well, she definitely faked it.

"Now, that's that about that. Since you guys are here without an invite, what are the plans?"

"What plans?"

"Don't be dumb, Adam, plans to entertain me of course. Don't tell you guys actually came here without any plans to entertain me?" She replied with a nonchalant shrug and she leaned back against the sofa, one of her legs outstretched and her knee raised up to her chin.