Chapter 31: Faceless

Third person

3 days have past since Eret and Derive had last seen Raven. They've been attempting to track her down ever since. Every night Derive would stay up a little later. He wanted to see if Asa would come. Her ghost.

--------------------------

Derive had been waiting for Asa for a half hour tonight. He fianly gave up and rested his head to go to sleep. He started to drift off until he thought he heard a voice. Asa's voice.

"Eret," He whispered. "Eret did you hear that?"

".....Wha-what? Derive it was probably nothing. Just go back to sleep." Eret replied, half asleep.

"I think I heard Asa."

"*sigh* You're a terrible roommate you know."

"No, I'm serous. I just heard something."

"Ok, you keep hallucinating. I'm gonna resume sleeping because I was so rudely awakened."

"*sigh*" He closed his eyes and started to do the same. Suddenly, he felt a gentle breeze of cold air come over him. He shivered and pulled his furs up higher. He kept feeling this breeze until it woke him up and he sat up in bed. At the end of his bed, a girl was sitting, starring at him. She was warring a gray dress, and her charcoal hair was in a thick braid. But the thing what frighted Derive about her was that this girl was faceless. She had no nose, eyes, or mouth. (Picture below.) 

"Wha-wha-who----who are you?" He asked, terrified.

Even though she had no mouth, she could still talk. "Please don't tell me you've forgotten about me just after 3 days."

"...............Asa?"

"Yes." She moved closer to him.

".........What happened to you?"

She touched the face she didn't have. "It's just what happens to spirits when they die tragically and haven't crossed over yet. But it'll be back when I do."

"O-oh...."

Asa looked over at her brother and then back at Derive. "Eret is awake you know."

He turned around and saw her. ".......Asa? Is that you?" Eret said, getting out of bed. She nodded. "Why are you here?"

"Because I need to tell you both something."

"What?" Derive asked.

"Well....I hate to say this but....she's gonna come again. She will be ready. She'll kill you all."

"What are you talking about? There's only two of us." Eret said.

"You'll see. But I want you to stay strong and keep in mind," She glanced at her brother. "No matter what, she's still you're sister." She looked at Derive. "Or the one that you kissed. So whatever you do, don't kill her..please. Look for another way."

Derive was stunned by her words. He was expecting that Asa would want him and Eret to avenge her. "What other way?"

"I don't know? But everyone has a weakness."

"................But what about you crossing over?"

She sighed. "Well this is my unfinished business. I wanna be the one with no face...not you. Just promise me you'll do what I say." They nodded. "Thank you." She got up and hugged both of them before turning around. "There it is, there's the light." She turned back at the two and smiled. Her face was back. "I'll see you in another life, guys. Goodbye....until next time." She walked about 5 steps before disappearing. 

Derive turned to Eret. "I told ya so." He said, childishly.

"Oh grow up, Derive."

"................Should we go back to sleep?"

"...No, because then we'll think this is all a dream."

"Is it?"

Eret shrugged and pinched himself. "No, it's real."

--------------------------------------

I thought this chapter was cute because the boys kinda acted more like 10 than 20 year old's. Lol. RIP Asa. Hope you're happy in Valhalla!