Chapter 10: Are There Any Others?

"Well, well, well, look who we have here." Eret said after Valka and I landed on his ship. "The dragon thief, and-oh we meet again...Raven."

I changed back. "You still remember me?" I questioned.

"Would I forget the first Shifter I ever met?"

"After all these years, yes."

"I thought the same about you."

There was a silence of us just starring at each other, until I heard a call behind me. I turned around to see a young Skrill coming. "No, no, no, no." I flew off and said to the Skrill: "Asa, what are you doing here?"

"It got boring at the sanctuary."

"But you know better! How many times have Valka and I told you not to fallow us when we rescue dragons?! Besides, can't you see I'm in the middle of something?!" I gestured to the ship I was on moments earlier.

"Is that who I think it is?"

"Yes! And if you doing get out of here soon they'll kill you! Either that or I will!"

"But I don't know how to get back! I fallowed your sent here!"

"Than fallow your sent back home!" I began to fly back until Asa started again.

"But-"

"Now, Asa!"

She was offended by my statement. "Since when did you become my mother?"

"I RAISED YOU FOR THOR'S SAKE! NOW LEAVE BEFORE I-"

"What? What can you do to me? Yeah, that's right! Nothing! Because you can't kill your family members! That's the dragon law, and that law also includes Shifters!"

As much as I didn't want to admit it she had a point. I glanced at Valka, and instantly she knew what I was gonna ask her. She hopped on Cloudjumper and took Asa back to the sanctuary.

I landed on the ship, turning back and said:

"Ok look: I don't want any trouble, now we can do this the easy way of the hard way. Your choice."

-----------------------------------

"Valka! Asa! I'm home!" I shouted as I walked into the main room, where Valka was fixing dinner.

"Thank gods you had a home to come back to." She says.

"Why? You thought I was dead?"

"Well, 1 Shifter vs. 15 trappers? Yes, there was a possibility you weren't coming back."

I gave a sarcastic smile and said: "Thank you for summing that up." (She just stole Hiccup's line!!) "Now where is that little brat?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

She laughed. "You're lucky Asa is asleep."

"Oh, thank Thor!"

----------------------------

The moon replaced the sun in the dark night sky. I look up at the stars and imagine hundreds of Night Furies flying across the sky. Which makes me wonder: Are there any other Night Furies? If there is, where are they? And if not? What happened them?