Chapter 14: Welcome to Berk

I was able to sneak out of the fort without anyone noticing me. I wondered what I was doing. Why was I sneaking out? Was it because after a year I just wanted to be free? Was it because I wanted to find Valka and Asa and tell them I was ok? Was it because I cared....about Eret? Nah, that's insane. Probably the first and second one.

About 3 hours into my journey, I found a dragon. 

"Hey Toothless, come on you're missing the dragon race! Stormfly's about to win!" She said.

What? What race? Who's Toothless? I'll guess I'll find out.

She lead me to an island filled with dragons. But they weren't attacking. They were living in peace with vikings! I was amazed! How would that happen? When did that happen? Not only that but dragons were best friends with humans! Now I knew what that dragon was talking about. I saw a dragon race going on! It looked like it just ended though, and that was when I saw something I'd never thought I'd see. Another Night Fury!

--------------------------------------

I landed on the island and it was amazing! I loved it! I never had even thought of something like this before! 

Until something caught my eye. I saw someone I thought I would never see again.

"Valka!" I called.

She stopped in her tracks and turned around. She looked like she was about to cry when she saw me. "Raven!" We hugged each other. "Where have you been all this time?"

The second she said that another person turned up. I pulled away form Valka and starred back at him.

"What are you doing here, Eret?!" I said. 

"I quit being a trapper. I like dragons now. I'm a....a good guy."

"....Is that why you stopped visiting me 6 months ago? You came here?"

"Well long story short there was a battle and I joined the dragon riders, now I am one."

I smiled. "I never thought I'd say this, but I'm....I'm proud of you."

He smiled back. "Thanks."

I see change in him. A lot of it.

"You were with him?" Valka asked.

"The night I disappeared there was a hurricane, and I got knocked out. I washed up on the shore of Drago's Fort and he found me."

"So that's where you've been?"

"Yup." Something hit me and I was surprised I didn't think about it before. "By the way: Where's Asa?"

"RAVEN!" I heard behind me, and then before I knew it, my little sister was hugging me. "I missed you so much!"  She says.

I gave in and hugged her too. "I missed you too, Asa."

She pulled away. "I'm not even gonna ask where you were because I know I'm gonna have to beat someone up when you're done."

"Ohh really? Oh yeah that's right: You're finally a teenager."

"Umm." She hummed.

Valka tapped on my shoulder. "There's someone I want you to meet." She said.

"Who?"

"The chief....my son."

---------------------------------

Yeah, I know you liked  this one. I did too.