Chapter 20: I Don't Have Powers

I needed to get rid of this energy inside me. This fire. This power. This curse! Just throw it away. I focused on it, and tried to forget about it. But my hands kept burning, and the pain I had gotten used to still filled me. I attempted to do it again, and again until I closed my eyes, and saw flames. My eye's burned with the sight of the fire, almost like I could see without sight. Suddenly, in my hand I felt....heat, and then a flame licked my fingers, but it didn't burn me. I opened my eyes to see in my hand was fire, and the pain had vanished. The same fire I saw moments earlier.

I was astounded by what I could do. The fire was beautiful but it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to get rid of this, not encourage it. I shook my hand and it went away, but the burning of my hands returned. I tried it again. I closed my eyes and saw fire. When I opened them, I held flames. Everything I imagined it doing; it did it. I made it curl around my hands and fingers, I would make it change from, red, to orange to yellow, or make it form different shapes. I snapped my fingers and made it leave, and them snapped my fingers again, and it would come back.

"What are you doing?"

I turned around, and immediately got rid of my fire. "Eret, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, Asa wants you, but since she broke her leg last week I had to come look for you."

"...Oh."

"But you still haven't answered my question," I took a step towards me, and I stepped back. "What are you doing?"

"..............Nothing."

"Don't lie, Raven."

"No really: nothing."

".........You were figuring out how to control you're powers, weren't you?"

"I don't have powers!" I accidentally had a flare of fire emerge from my hand.

"Than what was that?"

"No! Don't come any closer! I already burned you once I don't wanna do it again!"

"You're scared?"

" *sigh* "

He moved closer and I hated it. "Raven, I wanna help you I just-"

"Just stop!" I put my hand out to stop him, but it a made an explosion which barely missed Eret. I was terrified. I ran away into the woods, and hopefully he woulden't fallow me, getting himself killed. 

---------------------------------

The pic: that's what it looked like when Raven was holding fire.